Company. What we are building:
Skupos is the data platform for the convenience retail industry. Retailers, distributors, and brands connect to the Skupos network to create value from disparate data. Convenience retail is a long-standing industry with limited technology adoption, but is responsible for more revenue annually than all of e-commerce in the United States. Skupos leverages our massive datasets to build tools that help the industry succeed.
Skupos software integrates at a retailer’s point of sale, generates analytical insights, and enables promotion execution and performance tracking. For distributors and CPG brands, we provide real-time visibility into consumer purchasing decisions and enable automated promotional discounts at the point of sale. We view our company as revolutionizing a brick-and-mortar industry by bringing cutting-edge technology to physical stores, and helping harness data to create a frictionless connection between millions of people and the products they need.
Role. An overview of the opportunity:
Skupos is excited for a candidate to join our growing team of thinkers, tinkerers, and problem solvers. We are confident that with the right hire and a strong team, we can take Skupos to new heights.
You are a strong and experienced software engineer who has substantial professional experience working with various systems, languages, frameworks, and design patterns. You have the desire to lead, design, and implement features in large applications. You are able to turn complex business requirements into robust and maintainable code. You have experience creating stable and reliable integrations between disparate business systems. You like making a measurable impact on the business and consistently seek to drive business value through technological solutions. You are a self-starter requiring minimal supervision, and you are motivated and inspired, delivering high quality work to make a big business impact.
Responsibilities. Your responsibilities will include:
- Rapidly develop proof of concept applications using full-stack skillset.
- Work with hardware, software, and API integrations
- Conduct R&D to determine project feasibility
- Collaborate and pair with other product engineering team members to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions
- Work with Product Team to ensure user stories that are developer-ready, easy to understand and testable
- Coordinate with team on project preparations; assist in developing project plans and proposals
- Research and recommend new technologies that will enhance team performance, improve project delivery times and decrease development stack overhead
- Build and maintain backend systems for distributed client management
- Build and maintain internal and external API to API integrations
Experience. Candidates should have:
- 4-year computer science degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Linux/Unix systems administration
- OOP & FP design patterns
- Building and working with REST APIs (GraphQL experience a plus)
- Working with HTTP and Websocket communication
- Experience with frameworks; Koa.js, Electron.js, React.js, React Native is a plus
- Familiar with TCP/IP and networking is a plus
- SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- In-memory caching and search indexing
- Worker thread pattern and job queues
- OOP & FP design patterns
- Building REST APIs (GraphQL experience a plus)
- Experience with languages; Ruby on Rails, Python is a plus
- Cloud and distributed services (AWS)
Salary is based on experience and location.
Salary range in Denver, CO: $95,000 - $110,000.
Benefits. What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Discretionary time off (DTO)
- Wellness stipend
- And more!
A Note on Covid...
We are fortunate to continue to grow during this unfortunate time. Our top priority is to ensure the health and safety of both our current and future Skupeeps.
Since March, all of our Skuad has been working remotely and will continue to do so until we know it is safe to collaborate face-to-face again. As you go through our virtual interview process, don't be surprised if children or pets make an appearance. If we are fortunate to welcome you to the Skuad, we will get you all the equipment needed to get you set up and productive at home.
Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging. We have and will continue to take steps that ease some of the burden for our Skuad including:
- Monthly stipends to help offset additional expenses incurred with WFH
- Access to mental health & wellness resources
We deeply care about you as our candidate, so let your Recruiter know if there’s anything we can do to make your interview process go more smoothly - We are in your corner!