Company. What we are building:
Skupos is the data platform for the convenience retail industry. Retailers, distributors, and brands connect to the Skupos network to create value from disparate data. Convenience retail is a long-standing industry with limited technology adoption, but is responsible for more revenue annually than all of e-commerce in the United States. Skupos leverages our massive datasets to build tools that help the industry succeed.
Skupos software integrates at a retailer’s point of sale, generates analytical insights, and enables promotion execution and performance tracking. For distributors and CPG brands, we provide real-time visibility into consumer purchasing decisions and enable automated promotional discounts at the point of sale. We view our company as revolutionizing a brick-and-mortar industry by bringing cutting-edge technology to physical stores, and helping harness data to create a frictionless connection between millions of people and the products they need.
Role. An overview of the opportunity:
At Skupos, data is everything. Our data integrates the forgotten, fragmented world of mom-and-pop corner with the glitzy, gigantic world of CPG conglomerates.
With tens of millions daily transactions, Skupos is looking for a data engineer to wrangle and tame our data flows, expand and optimize our data and data pipeline architecture.
Team. The team and our people:
This role will be part of the Data Platform team, the core functional team building our data products. The team works closely with the Data Infrastructure, Product and BI teams.
Responsibilities. Your responsibilities will include:
- Building and maintaining the data and reporting layers for customer facing products.
- Collaborate closely with Data Infrastructure and Analytics teams to build complex data pipelines to deliver CICD complete deployment, move data cross - platforms including real time systems.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with the Data Infrastructure team to build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Create data tools, analytical datasets for Data Analytics and Machine Learning teams that assist them in building and optimizing our product
- Maintain and deliver continuous improvement of core projects through automation and process enhancement
- Work with all data teams and consumers to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- Partner with engineers, product managers, and data scientists to breakdown data requirements, analyze source data sets, address data quality issues and effectively build and automate ETL pipelines at scale.
- Partner with ML engineers, data infrastructure team to define and own Data engineering tools, products and processes in place and define/set SLAs for each.
- Have deep understanding of existing data integration challenges and solutions with optimal ETL solutions and querying techniques
Experience and Skills. Candidates should have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, ideally in a technical or quantitative field (advanced degree is a plus).
- 4-6+ years of experience working with SQL
- Advanced with proficiency with Python, Java, or Scala in a production environment
- 1-3 years of experience building and optimizing large-scale data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Recent experience (2+ years) with a modern data warehouse (e.g., Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, Pentaho)
- Experience with data warehousing architecture and understanding of data modeling concepts and best practices (e.g., normalization/denormalization).
- Production experience with Spark
- Familiarity with stream-processing platforms and message-queues (e.g. Flink, Hadoop, Kafka) is a plus
Salary is based on experience and location.
Salary range: $115,000 - $135,000.
Benefits. What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Discretionary time off (DTO)
- Wellness stipend
- And more!
A Note on Covid...
We are fortunate to continue to grow during this unfortunate time. Our top priority is to ensure the health and safety of both our current and future Skupeeps.
As of July, our physical office spaces have reopened on a voluntary basis. Our Skuad members are allowed onsite if they are fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final vaccine dose). That being said, we will continue to manage our interview process virtually, don't be surprised if children or pets make an appearance.
We deeply care about you as our candidate, so let the People Team know if there’s anything we can do to make your interview process go more smoothly - we are in your corner!