Company. What we are building:
Skupos is the data platform for the convenience retail industry. Retailers, distributors, and brands connect to the Skupos network to create value from disparate data. Convenience retail is a long-standing industry with limited technology adoption, but is responsible for more revenue annually than all of e-commerce in the United States. Skupos leverages our massive datasets to build tools that help the industry succeed.
Skupos software integrates at a retailer’s point of sale, generates analytical insights, and enables promotion execution and performance tracking. For distributors and CPG brands, we provide real-time visibility into consumer purchasing decisions and enable automated promotional discounts at the point of sale. We view our company as revolutionizing a brick-and-mortar industry by bringing cutting-edge technology to physical stores, and helping harness data to create a frictionless connection between millions of people and the products they need.
Role. An overview of the opportunity:
At Skupos, data is everything. Our data integrates the forgotten, fragmented world of mom-and-pop corner with the glitzy, gigantic world of CPG conglomerates. We’re looking for a data analyst to connect product, engineering, operations, customer, and 3rd party data to support our customers and drive decision making. We need someone to transform data into action.
Team. The team and our people:
This role will be part of the BI and Analytics team, a cross-functional group that supports data and decision-making needs for every other function at Skupos and tackles different data challenges across the company.
Responsibilities. Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing reports, dashboards, analyses, models, and insights to support informed decision making.
- Creating a data-driven decision culture across the company by ensuring teams are empowered to monitor and answer their own questions, while sponsoring deeper analysis with BI oversight.
- Developing and extending operational processes to ensure consistent delivery of data and insights to business stakeholders.
Experience and Skills. Candidates should have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, ideally in a technical or quantitative field (advanced degree is a plus).
- 2+ years of experience working with SQL.
- 2+ years of experience working with data and analytics.
- 1+ years of operational responsibility for ELT systems or data pipelines.
- Experience using dbt to automate analytical transformations.
- Recent experience with a modern data warehouse (e.g., Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift).
- Experience with data warehousing architecture and understanding of data modeling concepts and best practices (e.g., normalization/denormalization).
- Experience with git and git-based workflows (e.g., GitHub).
- Experience with data visualization and BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Mode, Looker).
- Familiarity with data and metrics from third-party SaaS applications such as Salesforce, Hubspot, Recurly, Stripe, Intercom, Zendesk, Netsuite, etc.
Benefits. What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Discretionary time off (DTO)
- Wellness stipend
- And more!
A Note on Covid...
We are fortunate to continue to grow during this unfortunate time. Our top priority is to ensure the health and safety of both our current and future Skupeeps.
Since March, all of our Skuad has been working remotely and will continue to do so until we know it is safe to collaborate face-to-face again. As you go through our virtual interview process, don't be surprised if children or pets make an appearance. If we are fortunate to welcome you to the Skuad, we will get you all the equipment needed to get you set up and productive at home.
Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging. We have and will continue to take steps that ease some of the burden for our Skuad including:
- Monthly stipends to help offset additional expenses incurred with WFH
- Access to mental health & wellness resources
We deeply care about you as our candidate, so let your Recruiter know if there’s anything we can do to make your interview process go more smoothly - We are in your corner!