Company. What we are building:
Skupos is the data platform for the convenience retail industry. Retailers, distributors, and brands connect to the Skupos network to create value from disparate data. Convenience retail is a long-standing industry with limited technology adoption, but is responsible for more revenue annually than all of e-commerce in the United States. Skupos leverages our massive datasets to build tools that help the industry succeed.
Skupos software integrates at a retailer’s point of sale, generates analytical insights, and enables promotion execution and performance tracking. For distributors and CPG brands, we provide real-time visibility into consumer purchasing decisions and enable automated promotional discounts at the point of sale. We view our company as revolutionizing a brick-and-mortar industry by bringing cutting-edge technology to physical stores, and helping harness data to create a frictionless connection between millions of people and the products they need.
Role. An overview of the opportunity:
Skupos is seeking a quality assurance engineer for a thriving development team. We are a tight knit group with a team first mentality. We strive to achieve our product development efforts through our team culture, clean code and hard work!
We are looking for a passionate QA Engineer that takes pride in their set of skills and utilizing them effectively to accomplish projects and goals. They must want to polish their skills as well as acquire new ones by growing with the team. They must support the company’s vision and mission by delivering first-class products while working and communicating effectively across multiple departments.
Responsibilities. Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain test plans for our product offerings
- Manually test release candidates to ensure all releases are production-ready and free of bugs, copy errors, or other quirks that impact the user experience
- Write unit and integration tests for our backend and frontend applications, using various testing frameworks (Selenium, RSpec, TestCafe, Jasmine, etc.)
- Assist Product and Engineering teams with release and change management
Skills. We are looking for an individual with:
- Proficiency in writing SQL queries, Java or Python
- MySQL or Postgres
- Node.js, React, GraphQL
Experience. Candidates should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4-5 years quality assurance engineering experience
- Experience in working with automation tools such as Selenium,TestCafe, etc.
- Experience with backend automation tools (RestAssured)
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken
Benefits. What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Discretionary time off (DTO)
- Wellness stipend
- And more!
A Note on Covid...
We are fortunate to continue to grow during this unfortunate time. Our top priority is to ensure the health and safety of both our current and future Skupeeps.
Since March, all of our Skuad has been working remotely and will continue to do so until we know it is safe to collaborate face-to-face again. As you go through our virtual interview process, don't be surprised if children or pets make an appearance. If we are fortunate to welcome you to the Skuad, we will get you all the equipment needed to get you set up and productive at home.
Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging. We have and will continue to take steps that ease some of the burden for our Skuad including:
- Monthly stipends to help offset additional expenses incurred with WFH
- Access to mental health & wellness resources
We deeply care about you as our candidate, so let your Recruiter know if there’s anything we can do to make your interview process go more smoothly - We are in your corner!