We believe that good technology can improve our daily lives in ways that few things can. We exist to inspire and enable those wanting to create exceptional software and digital experience. We aim to build the most impactful, sought-after, and well-run technology services company in the world. Our decision making and approach to work are based on the principles of our Core Values: Choose to be Happy, Embrace Change, Own It, Simplify and Go, and Give More Than You Take.
About the Job
Skookum is seeking an Android Developer (Kotlin) with intimate familiarity with the Android platform to join our team. Our Android Developers are engaged in the full spectrum of product development, working with a team to write great software and build engaging products. Do you have the technical and relational skills to build business-critical applications with a high-performing, cross-functional team?
We generally operate with small teams working closely together on a wide variety of projects that range from Bluetooth integration to experimental systems that push what is possible with Android. We integrate with APIs of all flavors, and no solution is out of the question.
- You are always learning. You are always growing. You are always seeking to improve yourself and those around you. You are a human first, a developer second. You are willing and able to take a leading role in communications with project stakeholders. You can explain technical constraints to both technical and non-technical audiences.
You will succeed in this role if you:
- Get excited about great design
- Could have a conversation about why the fragmentation of Android is a /(good|bad)/ thing
- Work well with others
- Love the journey as much as the destination
- Think of Google I/O as Christmas in June
- Know “Effective Java” better than the back of your hand
- Kotlin experience preferred
We never do the same thing twice. We build business critical applications. We tackle problems we don’t always know how to solve. Every day, every project is a new challenge to conquer. You will have the opportunity to push yourself and grow.
We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Continuing education opportunities
- Flexible PTO and work-from-home policies
- 401K matching
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits, starting on day 1
- Friday company lunches, company outings, along with beer and a lot of snacks
- Health and wellness programs
- Other location specific perks (just ask!)
If Skookum sounds like the place for you, please submit an application. Also, let us know if you have a presence online with a blog, Twitter, GitHub, Dribbble or other platform.
"If you are a California resident, more details on how we process your personal information can be found in the CCPA Recruitment Privacy Notice (https://www.globallogic.com/privacy/ccpa-recruitment-privacy-notice/)"