We believe that good technology can improve our daily lives in ways that few things can. We exist to inspire and enable those wanting to create exceptional software and digital experience. We aim to build the most impactful, sought-after, and well-run technology services company in the world. Our decision making and approach to work are based on the principles of our Core Values: Choose to be Happy, Embrace Change, Own It, Simplify and Go, and Give More Than You Take.
About the Job
As a Senior Product Designer, you will work closely with Skookum clients and team members – Product, Development, and QA – to conceptualize and craft seamless user experiences that support business objectives.
You will be involved in product strategy from the very beginning, offering your knowledge and unique expertise to help shape product direction and turn ideas and concepts into a workable design. You will produce wireframes, prototypes, style guides and hi-fidelity designs to explore, experiment and ultimately advocate for simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
You must be able to balance pixel-perfect attention to detail with low-fidelity design choices. At Skookum, we firmly believe that user feedback and data evolve products. Meetings and presentations are necessary to build consensus and achieve buy-in, but working software is the ultimate validation of any single approach.
- Experience leading the design efforts for one or more successful – successfully shipped or successfully downloaded – online or mobile products. You know great UX, and you can walk us through your portfolio and tell a compelling story about the hard decisions and compromises you had to make along the way.
- You understand why we have UI best practices, and you don’t try to reinvent dropdowns with each new project. You want the interface to look as polished as possible, but you also value a good hard deadline.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of an organization. You design it, you pitch it. Nobody hides behind project managers here.
- An insatiable curiosity and a constant drive to do and be better. You download new apps and take screenshots. You try out new design tools. You attend industry events. You do stuff on the side. You love what you do, you want to be great at it, and you know there’s always something new to learn.
We never do the same thing twice. We build business critical applications. We tackle problems we don’t always know how to solve. Every day, every project is a new challenge to conquer. You will have the opportunity to push yourself and grow.
We have offices in beautiful Charlotte, NC, Denver, CO, Atlanta, GA and New York, NY. We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Continuing education opportunities
- Flexible PTO and work-from-home policies
- 401K matching, vested as of day 1
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits, starting on day 1
- Friday company lunches, company outings, along with beer and a lot of snacks
- Health and wellness programs
- Other location specific perks (just ask!)
If Skookum sounds like the place for you, please submit an application. Also, let us know if you have a presence online with a blog, Twitter, GitHub, Dribbble or other platform.