We believe that good technology can improve our daily lives in ways that few things can. We exist to inspire and enable those wanting to create exceptional software and digital experience. We aim to build the most impactful, sought-after, and well-run technology services company in the world. Our decision making and approach to work are based on the principles of our Core Values: Choose to be Happy, Embrace Change, Own It, Simplify and Go, and Give More Than You Take.
About the Job
Principal Strategists represent the Digital Strategy & Customer Experience (DSCX) practice area and have a proven history of identifying, executing, and overseeing engagements in the digital space that support both B2C, B2B, and enterprise-level initiatives. They put people first, lean into uncertainty, and work backwards to help our teams drive towards success and deliver quality outcomes while building confidence in our capabilities from our clients’ perspective.
They are dedicated to scaling and growing our organization through four primary focus areas:
- Strategic Advisory: Support the creation and fulfillment of offerings that attract new clients, resonate with existing clients, drive our strategic positioning within the services industry, capitalizes on our global reach, and builds confidence within the organization.
- Value-Creation: Engage with clients to understand their challenges, clarify opportunity areas, and define problem statements that enable our sales and delivery teams to provide value through an engagement.
- Mentorship: Actively participate in projects and provide mentorship to team members that ensures we deliver industry-leading and Skookum standard approaches, processes, artifacts, tools, and methods.
- Thought Leadership: Have an industry presence through digital content, conferences, and community meetups and perspectives on relevant topics and issues. Effectively communicate to a room of either peers or executives by simplifying complex issues, promoting action-oriented principles, and articulating best practices and lessons learned.
- Embody our core values and principles while supporting sales and delivery teams
- Actively provide senior leadership and expertise on client projects
- Listen to client and team member feedback to improve our capabilities
- Empower and inspire others to develop and deliver thought leadership to drive the Skookum brand forward
- Identify adjacent offering opportunities and lead those initial projects partnering with sales
- Partner with Engagement Management to inform practice perspectives and account strategies
- Partner with Business Development to support proposals creation, including approach, scope, timeline, and team composition
- Partner with Delivery Management to create and evolve our delivery processes and tools
- Partner with Operations to define required skill sets and job roles necessary for delivering our services and offerings
- Partner with Marketing to develop sales collateral, write blog posts, and participate in speaking engagements
- 8+ years of relevant consulting, digital agency, or industry experience in user experience, digital strategy, digital transformation, or product management
- Experience leading complex projects with cross-functional teams of strategists, designers, and engineers
- Ability to identify and integrate emerging business and industry trends to inform practice strategy and capability development
- Understanding of design-thinking, agile/scrum principles, and software development methodologies
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and negotiate
- Ability to quickly grasp and solve complex customer and business problems
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills with senior company leadership, client executives, and the community at large
- Proven ability to build consensus and influence within their field of expertise
- Experience presenting and facilitating workshops with C-suite and senior executives
We never do the same thing twice. We build business critical applications. We tackle problems we don’t always know how to solve. Every day, every project is a new challenge to conquer. You will have the opportunity to push yourself and grow.
We have offices in beautiful Charlotte, NC, Denver, CO, and Atlanta, GA. We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Continuing education opportunities
- Flexible PTO and work-from-home policies
- 401K matching
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits, starting on day 1
- Health and wellness programs
- Other location specific perks (just ask!)
If Skookum sounds like the place for you, please submit an application. Also, let us know if you have a presence online with a blog, Twitter, GitHub, Dribbble or other platform.