The Delivery Operations role within the Delivery Management team is a strategic data and process driven position that is focused on the logistics of the delivery organization. You must possess a unique blend of Skookum process knowledge, project management skills, and a strong sense of attention to detail.
While the Delivery Operations role has no direct reports, they play a fundamental part in our sales process and service delivery. The primary goals for the position include:
- Assembling the necessary team to deliver on a project based on the required skill sets and role compositions.
- Determining the ideal start date of sold projects based on required resources and team projected availability.
- Forecasting hiring needs based on the sales pipeline and necessary roles or skill sets required for projects.
- Partnering with the People Operations team at Skookum to ensure our job search process accounts for the upcoming hiring needs.
- Partnering with the Sales team at Skookum to ensure our project lead times align with our availability and hiring forecast.
- Maintaining systems and data that report on current team allocation, active projects, and projected end dates.
The Program Operations Manager is primarily focused on ensuring our program directors, functional leads, and individuals contributors have the support needed to execute on client engagements. The core support areas include:
Project Scheduling & Management:
- Maintain delivery team allocation forecasts for all active and upcoming projects to inform capacity planning.
- Provide Sales leadership with information regarding ideal start date based on available resources and lead times.
- Provide Operations leadership with information regarding hiring and staffing needs based on available resources.
Project Initiation Responsibilities:
- Responsible for team selection, finalizing project start date, and communicating project staffing plans.
- Support Sales and strategic account owners with confirming project start dates with clients.
- Support Finance leadership with forecasting project revenue recognition and project completion details.
Active Project Responsibilities:
- Communicate resource plans to the Delivery Management teams and ensure plans are clearly understood.
- Manage any resource adjustments and ensure that any potential compounding effects are accounted for.
- Oversee a quantitative reporting structure of the status of all active projects to help inform resource dependencies.
Sales Support Responsibilities:
- Provide proactive reporting to Sales leadership regarding skill-set availability to help inform sales strategies.
- Ensure project lead times for outgoing contracts align with forecasted availability and service team utilization.