The Delivery Management team is a client focused, outcome driven, organization within the services department assigned to a specific set of strategic accounts. You must possess a unique blend of Skookum process knowledge, project / product management skills, and a strong executive voice to communicate Skookum’s efforts to our customers and team.
While the Delivery Management team has no direct reports and is not fully dedicated to a single project, they will play a fundamental role in service delivery by overseeing a portfolio of strategic client engagements. The primary goals include:
- Maximizing project team’s ability to deliver successful solutions by creating clear focus and providing team leadership.
- Reducing project risk on Skookum by directing, measuring, tracking, and communicating progress.
- Partnering with client leadership by creating clear lines and communication and supporting daily project routines.
- Partnering with strategic account owners to ensure we align expectations and produce valuable outcomes for clients.
- Partnering with practice leads to ensure we deliver on best practices and processes within service offerings.
- Support the definition and capturing of project health metrics such as gross margin, team allocation, end date, etc.
The Delivery Management team is primarily focused on ensuring constant alignment between our business units, account management team, and client project team to maximize engagement success. The core responsibilities include:
Pre-Sales Support Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic guidance around project plan, team roles, and risk during the sales process.
- Support Skookum business units with proposal efforts including approach, resource needs, and timeline estimation.
- Support Sales leadership in transitioning sales knowledge to the service team through pre-kickoff planning sessions.
Project Initiation Responsibilities:
- Support Delivery Operations and strategic account owners on identifying and selecting the final project team members.
- Coordinate with Skookum stakeholders to finalize project approach and methodology to meet client’s needs.
- Coordinate with the Skookum identified project team to determine the methodologies and tools for project delivery.
- Coordinate client introductions, project plan, and pre-project preparation with Skookum’s project team.
Active Project Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic guidance through a full product lifecycle lens to shape the day to day direction of the engagement.
- Provide active coaching to the project team to ensure strategic ranking of client requests and overall needs.
- Ensure the ideal outcome for Skookum and the client is understood and achieved through Skookum’s delivery team.
- Ensure adequate measurement of status and provide reporting to all necessary parties to inform engagement progress.
- Support project team in identifying, quantifying, and managing risks related to engagement delivery.
- Provide quality oversight on deliverables prepared by the project team before submitting to client.
- Prepare project team for important presentations and provide feedback to maximize the delivery team’s success.
Sales Support Responsibilities:
- Leverage engagement and product lifecycle knowledge to identify new opportunities for follow-on delivery work.
- Communicate opportunities identified during the engagement to account management and business units teams.
- Support account management and business units with presenting opportunities for follow-on delivery work.