As an Associate Product Strategist, you work on cross-functional teams to create modern experiences that meet user needs and drive business value for Skookum’s clients. You are naturally curious about people, their behavior, and the way the world works. You bring a fresh perspective to our clients and their industries. You are passionate about technology and not afraid to roll up your sleeves and work in a highly competitive and ambiguous environments.
You collaborate with others and support teams through research, project management, requirements gathering, deliverable creation, and ideation workshop facilitation. You partner with teams of senior strategists, UX/UI designers, and engineers to help prioritize solutions for customers. You are dedicated to constantly learning and improving your problem-solving skills.
- Conduct and synthesize user research insights and testing of concepts
- Support project teams by conducting competitive, heuristic, market, and trend analysis
- Create user flows and journey maps based on process maps, screen flows, and user discovery
- Evaluate end-users’ needs through interviews and ethnography
- Work with client’s analytics teams to identify and gather relevant data
- Support design-thinking workshops and capture pain points, solutions, themes, and next steps
- Manage projects through scheduling stakeholder interviews, coordinating project plans, gathering requirements, and identifying risks
- Partner with other strategists to support the creation of testable concepts and solve for high-impact opportunities or optimize existing experiences
Composition of Role:
The Associate Strategist role at Skookum is tailored to the needs of our digital client services organization. The core functions of the role are a combination of UX researcher, business analyst, and project manager. Below is a description of each function:
- UX Researcher - Partner with teams to understand the user experience across digital, mobile and physical experiences. Conduct competitive analysis, market research and trend analysis to understand the landscape and uncover insights. Work with the digital strategy and customer experience (DSCX) team to identify and analyze metrics and craft compelling stories to communicate discoveries and findings.
- Business Analyst - Work with teams to create user flows, gather feature requirements, document dependencies, and conduct research on the current state of products to ensure project requirements are met.
- Project Manager - Manage timelines, schedule stakeholder meetings, run stand-ups, track action items, determine project risks, create project plans, and manage project timelines.
- 1-2 years of relevant consulting, digital agency, or industry experience in user experience, digital strategy, or project management
- Understands and has knowledge in User Experience best practices
- Ability to quickly learn new methodologies and approaches for research
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to complete tasks with minimal oversight
- Quick at learning and adapting to new projects with diverse teams and stakeholders
- Have empathy for users and passionate about helping them solve problems