Solving DeFi @ Scale
Our mission at Skolem is to open the gates to DeFi for institutions through a single integration point that has the most reliable, sophisticated execution technology available. Skolem's robust infrastructure enables institutions to participate directly in DeFi markets - through trading, yield farming, staking, and liquidity provisioning - without materially increasing technical headcount and portfolio risk.
Institutions can confidently trade in and out of DeFi through Skolem's premier, one-of-a-kind technology stack. Institutional investors can rest assured they will get superior execution on complex trades during times of market duress.
Technical Program Manager
To strengthen our growing Engineering team, we are looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager (TPM), who is passionate about transforming technology into critical business value. The TPM will partner with various teams across Skolem, particularly with Engineering to orchestrate the delivery of technology programs and application solutions. By ensuring that insights from internal and external partners come together and by keeping everyone working in the same direction, the TPM will be an invaluable part of Skolem's growth.
As Skolem’s first TPM, this role offers an adaptable, start-up minded individual to balance highly strategic, foundational work with achieving short-term wins with more tactical solutions. This role will report to Skolem’s CTO, and is based in Chicago, where we have a majority in-office culture.
As a Project Manager / TPM, You Can Expect to:
- Support a wide range of engineering projects that are highly technical & cross functional in nature
- Collaborate with internal partners (e.g. Business Development, Strategy, Partnerships) and external parties (e.g. clients, strategic partners) to gather business requirements and define objectives
- Contribute technical expertise to project, process, and system development; coordinating the delivery of projects
- Communicate risks, status, and timelines to stakeholders, including Engineering, Technology leadership, and senior management
- Establish and track data project/program milestones and progress against them through various metrics
- Provide program status updates & visibility in ad hoc forums and recurring status meetings
- Size engineering efforts based on the specific needs of projects/programs
- Manage requirements documentation, milestone mapping, prioritization, and communication to facilitate project collaboration
- Maintain strict adherence to IT and security policies and procedures
- Participate in recruiting, hiring, and onboarding initiatives of technical personnel
What We Value:
- 4+ years experience in project/program management and working closely with engineering teams (preferably in the Financial or FinTech space)
- Ability to communicate with highly technical and non-technical partners in order to gain alignment and facilitate strong working dynamics between functions
- Experience introducing Project/Program Management fundamentals and methodologies to a startup environment
- Expert at coordinating highly technical engineering teams and delivering value to clients
- Creative, solution-oriented approach to problem solving
- Ability to navigate the ambiguity of a start-up environment and an emerging industry
- High proficiency in Slack and G-Suite
- Certification in Program Management or Project Management.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about cryptocurrency, Decentralized Finance, and blockchain.
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to develop the exceptional product we are building. Our dynamic team has incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in our range of backgrounds and inclusive culture. We'd love to hear from you.
Benefits Of Working At Skolem
- Remote-First Work Culture
- Unlimited, flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive and Inclusive Health Benefits
- Fully reimbursable Pet Insurance
- Savings Plans with 401K Matching
- Learning and Development
Skolem provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.