Solving DeFi @ Scale
Our mission at Skolem is to open the gates to DeFi for institutions through a single integration point that has the most reliable, sophisticated execution technology available. Skolem's robust infrastructure enables institutions to participate directly in DeFi markets - through trading, yield farming, staking, and liquidity provisioning - without materially increasing technical headcount and portfolio risk.
Institutions can confidently trade in and out of DeFi through Skolem's premier, one-of-a-kind technology stack. Institutional investors can rest assured they will get superior execution on complex trades during times of market duress.
Engineering at Skolem
At Skolem, we use deep technological expertise and a security research mindset to deliver best-in-class financial products to customers. As a team, we focus on writing code that is secure and stable at scale while also retaining ease of use and simplicity for customers.
We regularly take time to ensure that a feature is done correctly and that technical debt is paid down. Skolem has a distributed architecture built from the ground up, emphasizing security with defined service boundaries and controls.
We believe knowledge is acquired on the job and frequently pair programs to solve problems or help pass along specific skills. Skolem is, for the time being, still a small company, so as a member of the team, you'll have a highly impactful role as we grow into the next stage of our business.
Technologies We Work With
React / Typescript / Terraform / Ansible / OCaml / AWS
As Detection Engineer, You Can Expect to
- Create and participate in iterative approach to security, focused on building our security controls and on continual improvement of existing detection and response
- Design and monitor high quality, tool agnostic, and technique focused detections
- Help provide secure systems for our employees, company and clients
- Actively participate in research on security systems and tools, collaborating with senior leadership, the broader engineering team, and clients
- Proactively follow media, blogs and other news about recent attacker and attacker tooling, techniques, and breach writeups/timelines
- Participate in building a high quality security team through creating best practices, tooling, and documentation. Actively participate in hiring initiatives, and mentor others on the team.
What We Value
- 2+ years of experience in the cyber security field
- Broad knowledge and understanding on various attacker techniques.
- Experience with ATT&CK framework
- Experience with AWS security and monitoring
- Exceptional pattern recognition and problem solving skills
- Solid communication skills
- A highly motivated individual who takes initiative
- Ability to navigate the ambiguity of a start up environment & an emerging industry
- Passion for DeFi
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to develop the exceptional product we are building. Our dynamic team has incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in our range of backgrounds and inclusive culture. We'd love to hear from you.
Benefits Of Working At Skolem
- Remote-First Work Culture
- Unlimited, flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive and Inclusive Health Benefits
- Fully reimbursable Pet Insurance
- Savings Plans with 401K Matching
- Learning and Development
Skolem provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.