Solving DeFi @ Scale
Our mission at Skolem is to open the gates to DeFi for institutions through a single integration point that has the most reliable, sophisticated execution technology available. Skolem's robust infrastructure enables institutions to participate directly in DeFi markets - through trading, yield farming, staking, and liquidity provisioning - without materially increasing technical headcount and portfolio risk.
Institutions can confidently trade in and out of DeFi through Skolem's premier, one-of-a-kind technology stack. Institutional investors can rest assured they will get superior execution on complex trades during times of market duress.
Engineering at Skolem
At Skolem, we use deep technological expertise and a security research mindset to deliver best-in-class financial products to customers. As a team, we focus on writing code that is secure and stable at scale while also retaining ease-of-use and simplicity for customers.
Writing code at Skolem is an enjoyable experience focused on solving difficult problems. We regularly take time to ensure that a feature is done correctly and ensure that technical debts are paid down. Skolem has a distributed architecture built from the ground up, with an emphasis on security with defined service boundaries and controls. Backend services are written in OCaml and built & tested on every single commit via a CI/CD pipeline.
We believe knowledge is acquired on the job and frequently pair programs to solve problems or help pass along specific skills. Skolem is, for the time being, still a small company, so as a member of the team, you'll have a highly impactful role as we grow into the next stage of our business.
What We Do
We are looking for a frontend focused software engineer interested in writing composable and efficient code for our financial software platform. This position provides direct experience integrating with financial products and markets. Writing code at Skolem is an enjoyable experience focused on solving difficult problems. We regularly take time to ensure that a feature is done correctly and ensure that technical debts are paid down.
Technologies we work with:
React / Typescript / Terraform / Ansible / OCaml / AWS
As a Frontend Engineer, you can expect to:
- Develop and maintain Skolem’s frontend functionality
- Provide technical input on planning, design, and requirements-gathering process for website and user-facing features that are implemented
- Participate in team code review with fellow engineers, with a keen eye towards correctness, style, and information security concerns
- Improve performance, maintainability, and operations of the Skolem internal code base by engaging in occasional refactoring and upgrade projects
What We Value:
- 5+ years experience in software engineering, ideally in dynamic, collaborative, high growth environments
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline
- Strong experience writing React/Typescript web applications
- Background writing automated integration test suites for web applications
- Experience in environments with a high degree of technical rigor, reliability, and security centricity
- Background in composing data visualizations with D3
- Self motivated with attention to detail
- Experience with some subset of the technologies we use
- Interest in learning and able to investigate complex, open-ended problems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to develop the exceptional product we are building. Our dynamic team has incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in our range of backgrounds and inclusive culture. We'd love to hear from you.
Benefits Of Working At Skolem
- Remote-First Work Culture
- Unlimited, flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive and Inclusive Health Benefits
- Fully reimbursable Pet Insurance
- Savings Plans with 401K Matching
- Learning and Development
Skolem provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.