Skimlinks is the world's leading content-to-commerce platform, helping publishers monetize their commerce-related content, and retailers & brands find people who want to buy their products.
Skimlinks helps publishers earn an incremental revenue stream by automating the process of earning through affiliate marketing. By aggregating 24,000 merchant affiliate programs from over 55 affiliate networks, 4.5 million websites are able to earn commissions and gain an understanding of the shopping behaviours of their audience. Clients include Conde Nast, Huffington Post, Business Insider, Buzzfeed and Refinery29.
Skimlinks then uses the data collected from this affiliate service to create the world's largest data co-op focused on shopping intent data. With data from 1 billion shoppers on the products they are reading about, clicking on, and buying, Skimlinks helps retailers and brands target and personalize based on these shopping behaviours. This means we have one of the world’s largest sets of AI training data around shopping intent, which attracts some of the greatest people to work at Skimlinks and build something truly great and impactful.
Our mission is to help publishers be rewarded properly for the role their content plays in creating shopping intent, providing a much needed funding model for the internet. We are also driven by creating a culture for our team that celebrates learning and growth, while caring for each other.
About the role:
This is your chance to work on a cutting edge product, building innovative Audience Targeting technologies. As a Audiences Operations Manager you will be responsible for the following:
Day to Day Revenue Support
- Ensuring new audience segments are updated across DSPs etc.
- Updating segment licences on DSPs (DBM, MediaMath, etc)
- Using internal tools to manage the syndication and activation of segments with partners.
- Managing all technical support queries from customers relating to access within DMPs/DSPs.
- Maintaining our segment taxonomy, identifying gaps and opportunities, and optimizing it to support revenue creation.
- Reviewing and optimizing the logic and substance behind segment creation, especially Shopper Profiles, using data to spot trends and opportunities.
Day to Day Revenue Creation
- Preparing a professional and timely response to all inbound briefs. Creating the relevant recommendation and communicating that recommendation to the client. Logging the event in Salesforce.
- Reviewing briefs, performing keyword research to optimise recommendations, uncovering new opportunities, and identifying areas requiring further investigation or R&D.
- Creating of new segments and targeting strategies to deliver against advertiser objectives and optimize for buyer behaviours. Experience in SEO will be especially valuable here.
- Working with Marketing to proactively prepare segments and marketing collateral to support seasonal events and opportunities.
- Project manage segment releases, and ushering of segments through audit with partners.
- Help in detecting and diagnosing errors in algo or classifier output.
- Compliance checks to make sure that segments do not breach privacy rules.
Reporting & BI
- Maintaining an in-depth understanding of the ad technology ecosystem and its application to client and prospect needs.
- Continuous improvement of our approach to brief responses and recommendations.
- Creation of Dashboards and Tests to detect abnormalities in throughput
- Importing & normalizing revenue statements from partners
- Monitoring operational and financial KPIs and dashboards, and proactively acting to investigate, problem-solve, or take advantage of opportunities or issues that arise as a result.
Process & Best Practice
- Helping to document best practices in using our technologies, and creating collateral that is accurate and consumable. Creating and maintaining Knowledge Base in Confluence/ Wiki.
- Utilising ticketing systems to manage workload and delivery expectations. Working to agreed operations SLA’s (where they exist).
- Transferring Audiences knowledge to the wider Operations team and conducting training where necessary.
We are looking for candidates with the following experience and skills:
- Strong working knowledge of SEO practices
- Personable and professional client-facing communications over email, on the phone and in-person, as needed.
- Strong understanding of digital advertising ecosystem including ad serving, DSP and DMP technologies. (Atlas, DFA/DFP, Lotame, Krux, BlueKai/Oracle Data Cloud, AppNexus, MediaMath, Turn, DBM, etc.)
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, often autonomous, dynamic team environment
- Naturally curious and self-driven, with ability to spot trends, and take the initiative to act up on them