Skimlinks is one of the best-known tech startups in the UK. Headquartered in London with offices in NYC, we’re known for having disrupted the online content monetization space and have become leaders in the industry.
Skimlinks is the leading content-to-commerce platform globally, helping publishers monetize their editorial content, and marketers find people who want to buy their products.
Skimlinks’ platform creates new revenue for publishers by: automating the affiliation of commerce-related content, and syndicating the resulting shopping-intent data to marketers and merchants to help them reach consumers interested in their products or brands. This data-as-a-service –Audiences by Skimlinks – is now the largest source of shopping-intent data available to marketers for use in the platform of their choice.
Skimlinks’ mission is to help publishers be rewarded for the role content plays in driving sales, and to help merchants understand what is driving those sales.
Skimlinks is used on 1.5 million websites globally by companies such as Buzzfeed, Refinery29, Condé Nast, and AOL/HuffPost. With this network, and its connection to more than 24,000 merchants, Skimlinks sees the content-to-commerce journeys of about 1.6 billion people monthly.
We are looking for an experienced recruiter to join our team as a Talent Lead. This role will be based in our London office and you will report to the People Director. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Create, drive and lead our talent attraction and pipelining strategies along with the People Director.
- Manage all direct recruitment operations across all departments and locations with an specific focus on our software engineering hiring.
- Act as trusted advisor to hiring managers on all recruitment activities. Take the time to truly understand their hiring needs and provide advice on best practice talent acquisition strategies.
- Source passive and active candidates, focusing on building a strong pipeline of future “A-Player” candidates using referrals, networking, headhunting etc.
- Build upon our employer brand and work with the Skimlinks marketing team to ensure we stand out from the crowd.
- Review existing recruitment processes and identify and implement best practice
- Expertly screen candidates for qualifications, availability, cultural fit and salary expectations.
- Provide a top-class candidate experience for every candidate from application stage to offer.
- Manage all employment-related correspondence; e.g: reference checks, offer letters, and onboarding correspondence.
- Record all hiring and sourcing activities in the Applicant Tracking system and produce reports as required.
- Represent Skimlinks at recruitment fairs, Meetups and networking events.
We are looking for people with the following expertise and qualities:
- You have a proven track record in direct recruitment, sourcing candidates, screening candidates, managing the entire recruitment process. You have consistently driven down time to hire whilst increasing the pipeline of quality candidates.
- You are technically savvy and can reliably qualify engineering candidates.
- You are an outstanding communicator with the ability to advise and influence internal stakeholders as well as candidates.
- You are approachable and engaging. You will act as an ambassador for Skimlinks and represent our company and culture to both candidates and internally in the organisation.
- You are obsessed with learning and are continuously developing your skills and sharing knowledge with those around you.
- You have a strong sense of accountability and go the extra mile to achieve your goals.
How will we measure your success in the role? Your main objective will be to ensure 90% of new hires made are meeting or exceeding their targets/objectives within 6 months at Skimlinks. We will focus on reducing our time to hire by building a robust pipelining strategy so that we are always keeping up with top talent... However, it's not just hard work, we definitely appreciate a bit of quirkiness and fun along the way. Here at Skimlinks, we value humor, dedication, enthusiasm, and a love of innovation.