Skimlinks is the world's leading content-to-commerce platform, helping publishers monetize their commerce-related content, and retailers & brands find people who want to buy their products.
Skimlinks helps publishers earn an incremental revenue stream by automating the process of earning through affiliate marketing. By aggregating 24,000 merchant affiliate programs from over 55 affiliate networks, 4.5 million websites are able to earn commissions and gain an understanding of the shopping behaviours of their audience. Clients include Conde Nast, Huffington Post, Business Insider, Buzzfeed and Refinery29.
Skimlinks then uses the data collected from this affiliate service to create the world's largest data co-op focused on shopping intent data. With data from 1 billion shoppers on the products they are reading about, clicking on, and buying, Skimlinks helps retailers and brands target and personalize based on these shopping behaviours. This means we have one of the world’s largest sets of AI training data around shopping intent, which attracts some of the greatest people to work at Skimlinks and build something truly great and impactful.
Our mission is to help publishers be rewarded properly for the role their content plays in creating shopping intent, providing a much needed funding model for the internet. We are also driven by creating a culture for our team that celebrates learning and growth, while caring for each other.
We are actively seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our team in London. Whether you’ve built APIs; or systems that scale to billions of requests daily; or you've worked with terabytes of incoming data; or integrated with complex partner ecosystems; we have a lot of complex challenges that you will enjoy solving.
About the role:
- Reporting to Staff Engineer, you will design, build and implement systems across all parts of our complex platform; from high-volume data collection, enrichment and automated analysis, through to backend services and RESTful APIs
- You will work with our great team of Product Delivery Managers and our commercial teams to understand the needs of the market and our customers; and how they they can be translated into solutions
- You will focus on crafting innovative solutions to complex technical problems and making design decisions in line with our technical strategy and high engineering standards
- You will help define our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organisation (i.e. code reviews, testing, etc).
- You will share your knowledge across the business and mentor others in your areas of deep technical expertise
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, or Software Engineering (or equivalent) would be beneficial
- You should have deep experience building enterprise-grade software working in languages such as; Python , Java, C#, F#, Scala, C++ .
- You should have a passion for evolving projects and innovating new products, in an environment with lightweight agile processes
- You should be familiar with building systems that efficiently scale with very large data volumes
- You write clean maintainable code; you pay attention to details and edge cases
- You know SQL and how to integrate with and use a range of data technologies
A flavour of our Technology Stack:
- Google Cloud Platform