Skimlinks is the leading content-to-commerce platform globally, helping publishers monetize their editorial content, and marketers find people who want to buy their products.
Skimlinks’ platform creates new revenue for publishers by: automating the affiliation of commerce-related content, and syndicating the resulting shopping-intent data to marketers and merchants to help them reach consumers interested in their products or brands. This data-as-a-service – Audiences by Skimlinks – is now the largest source of shopping-intent data available to marketers for use in the platform of their choice.
Skimlinks’ mission is to help publishers be rewarded for the role content plays in driving sales, and to help merchants understand what is driving those sales.
Skimlinks is used on 1.5 million websites globally by companies such as Buzzfeed, Refinery29, Condé Nast, and AOL/HuffPost. With this network, and its connection to more than 24,000 merchants, Skimlinks sees the content-to-commerce journeys of about 1.6 billion people monthly.
Skimlinks is looking for a Junior QA Engineer to join our talented tech team. The role will involve both manual and automated testing, with a focus on manual. We are on the road to test automation and you will help to accelerate our progress. To succeed at Skimlinks, you will need exceptional technical skills and you will need to be a quick learner. You will need to put yourself in the customer's shoes and make sure the product suits their unique needs. You will work across the engineering, product and support teams at Skimlinks to help deliver an amazing experience using the best technologies available.
- Working as part of a cross functional Agile development team to ensure we deliver products of exceptional quality.
- Helping to refine user stories, ensuring acceptance criteria are in place and defining the acceptance tests which drive development.
- Doing some testing! Writing automated tests and testing manually when it makes sense.
- Continually improving the way we work by establishing new processes and practices, and by contributing to the ongoing evolution of our testing frameworks.
- You’ve successfully tested seriously complex systems with seriously complex data.
- You like breaking software, but not as much as you like proving that software works!
- Your have some work experience with automated testing and have worked with Selenium
- You are motivated by shipping high quality product and appreciate that testing is just part of a QA Engineer’s job.
- Good understanding of Agile & Lean delivery principals and testing practices