Skimlinks is the leading content-to-commerce platform globally, helping publishers monetize their editorial content, and marketers find people who want to buy their products.
Skimlinks’ platform creates new revenue for Publishers by: automating the affiliation of commerce-related content, and syndicating the resulting shopping-intent data to Marketers and Merchants to help them reach consumers interested in their products, brands or categories. This data-as-a-service – known as Audiences by Skimlinks – is now the largest source of shopping-intent data available to marketers for use in the platform of their choice.
Skimlinks’ mission is to help publishers be better rewarded for the role their content plays in driving sales, and to help Merchants understand what is driving those sales.
Skimlinks is used on 1.5 million websites globally by companies such as Buzzfeed, Refinery29,
Condé Nast, and AOL/HuffPost. With this network, and its connection to 24,000 merchants, Skimlinks sees the content-to-commerce journeys of about 1.6 billion people monthly.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Account Manager to join our Merchant Development team in London.
- Your mission:
- Own and develop a portfolio of Merchant/Advertiser clients so they utilise Skimlinks’ services and platform to their fullest potential
- The outcomes:
- Skimlinks continues to be seen as a trusted advisor among all your merchants when it comes to increasing sales from content marketing;
- Incremental revenue from merchant offers within your portfolio continues to grow.
- Day to day you will be responsible for:
- Successfully evangelising how Merchants, Networks, Agencies and Publishers can all benefit from Skimlinks
- Utilising internal and Salesforce dashboards to understand progress against targets and how to reach them
- Quarterly QBRs for VIP clients
- Regularly analysing data around how a client is performing, benchmarking them against their competitors and providing suggestions for how they can grow
- Compiling and analysing merchant reports in regards to activities with specific publisher clients
- Working with the Operations team to analyse data and ensure our programs are technically optimised
- Enforcing strong network quality standards across Skimlinks Publishers in regards to how they promote Merchants
- Attending conferences and industry events to represent Skimlinks to current and prospective clients
We look for people with the following competencies and motivations:
- Goes the extra mile: Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company; Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient.
- Obsessed about shared learning: Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information; Obsesses about developing own skills and train people around them. Easily coachable and keen to receive constructive feedback.
- Strong sense of accountability: Lives up to verbal and written agreements; Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
We also require experience in the following:
- Proven track record in an account management role within a structured sales environment.
- Solid understanding of the advertising, affiliate, online publishing or media industry.
What is like to work at Skimlinks?
Skimlinks really focuses on supporting employees consistently develop new skills, solve complex problems and have fun whilst learning. Every team member gets dedicated time and budget to spend on their individual learning & development. You drive your own learning agenda.
We are massively proud of our team. We are lucky to work with really smart, fun people. There is a great social scene and so many ways to let your hair down: team events; pub quizes; tag rugby teams; football leagues; tough mudder training and much more!
We spend a lot of time looking at different ways that we can commit to helping our employees find satisfaction in their work and beyond. There is a strong focus on our collective social responsibility. You will get paid time off to volunteer and the opportunity to get involved in company-wide community events.
We talk a lot about Skimlove!
Benefits include: Share Options; Bonuses; Gym / Wellness contributions; Childcare vouchers; Flexible working; Pension; Healthcare Insurance and much more.