Skimlinks is the leading content-to-commerce platform globally, helping publishers monetize their editorial content, and marketers find people who want to buy their products.
Skimlinks’ platform creates new revenue for publishers by: automating the affiliation of commerce-related content, and syndicating the resulting shopping-intent data to marketers and merchants to help them reach consumers interested in their products or brands. This data-as-a-service – Audiences by Skimlinks – is now the largest source of shopping-intent data available to marketers for use in the platform of their choice.
Skimlinks’ mission is to help publishers be rewarded for the role content plays in driving sales, and to help merchants understand what is driving those sales.
Skimlinks is used on 1.5 million websites globally by companies such as Buzzfeed, Refinery29, Condé Nast, and AOL/HuffPost. With this network, and its connection to more than 24,000 merchants, Skimlinks sees the content-to-commerce journeys of about 1.6 billion people monthly.
About the Role:
Skimlinks is growing really quickly and we are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our team in London.
Day-to-day you will be working on APIs that serve billions of requests per day and with Hadoop clusters running analytics on hundreds of terabytes of data. Our infrastructure is AWS and Google Cloud, spanning three regions with a focus on low latency and uptime. Our main technologies are Kubernetes, Nginx, Puppet, MySQL, Hadoop and all the usual AWS and GCP services.
This is great opportunity to join a dynamic company and provide solutions for new and exciting challenges.
- Working as part of a cross functional engineering team to deliver products of exceptional quality.
- Writing maintainable and extendable code to build and manage infrastructure and participate in code reviews.
- Oversee release of change to infrastructure and code release.
- Respond to alerts and troubleshoot issues.
- Communicate with technical and non-technical people to gather requirements and understand and resolve issues.
- Manage continuous integration services.
We are looking for people with the following skills & attributes:
- Persistent/tenacious problem-solver adept at critical thinking.
- Effectively prioritise multiple tasks based on short and long term goals.
- Fast learner/adaptable/desire to learn and improve.
- Linux system administration (RH/CentOS preferable, all flavours considered though)
- Shell scripting - Python or Ruby (or similar)
- DevOps/Automation - deployment workflow
- Google Cloud or AWS experience
- Configuration management - Puppet preferable.
- Assessing suitability of new tools and technologies and integrating them into our product workflow.
It would be a bonus if you have experience with:
- Big Data tools (Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
- Database Administration - MySQL, Postgres
- IPSEC & Tunnelling
- OS Package building
A flavour of our technology stack:
- Google Cloud Platform
- AWS (ASG's/ELB's/RDS)
- Jenkins pipeline
What is like to work at Skimlinks?
Skimlinks really focuses on supporting employees consistently develop new skills, solve complex problems and have fun whilst learning. Every team member gets dedicated time and budget to spend on their individual learning & development. You drive your own learning agenda.
We are massively proud of our team. We are lucky to work with really smart, fun people. There is a great social scene and so many ways to let your hair down: team events; pub quizes; tag rugby teams; football leagues; tough mudder training and much more!
We spend a lot of time looking at different ways that we can commit to helping our employees find satisfaction in their work and beyond. There is a strong focus on our collective social responsibility. You will get paid time off to volunteer and the opportunity to get involved in company-wide community events.
Benefits include: Share Options; Bonuses; Gym / Wellness contributions; Childcare vouchers; Flexible working; Pension; Healthcare Insurance and much more.