Skilljar is seeking a Head of Revenue Operations to lead go-to-market strategy and operational excellence across our revenue generating functions to help us build the Skilljar rocketship. As a key GTM leader, you’ll be working alongside our VP of Finance and leadership team to rapidly scale our revenue engine.
The ideal candidate excels at developing strategic plans and insights to drive key business objectives and is very comfortable getting hands-on in translating financial and strategic plans into day-to-day processes, systems, and data. You must be an excellent communicator that thrives on driving cross-functional alignment between Marketing, Sales, Customer Success and Finance.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats in a dynamic environment. You must be nimble, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has hundreds of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
Would you like to drive?
- Strategy: Engage with revenue leadership to build processes, systems, and measures to optimize the speed, accuracy, and effectiveness of our end-to-end customer acquisition and customer success process. Develop data-based recommendations to continuously improve our ARR and productivity.
- Revenue Planning and Alignment: Develop and operationalize a revenue planning framework including sales capacity planning, quota and target setting, forecasting, pipeline management, territory development, win/loss intelligence, productivity, attainment, and velocity. Ensure the revenue teams are fully equipped from an operational perspective to deliver the financial plan.
- Revenue Processes, Tools, and Systems: Drive the design and implementation of new/improved business processes with subsequently required CRM configurations and additional “revenue stack” tools as needed. Support day-to-day operations of a rapidly growing go-to-market team, as well as identify and implement ongoing improvements as needed to maximize productivity, and funnel visibility. Build and manage CRM workflows to enable a finely-tuned, high-velocity sales assembly line.
- Analytics: Create executive level, manager, and rep documentation, reports, analysis, and actionable dashboards to ensure alignment, data consistency, and recommendations. Engage with finance and other stakeholders to develop and track advanced reporting through additional BI tools.
- Team Building: Directly lead and grow our Revenue Operations team through our next stage of growth. At the same time, you must be highly comfortable being hands-on in a small, stage-appropriate team with minimal in-house resources.
- Continuous Learning: Build and rebuild our strategy, plans, processes, and tools as appropriate for each stage of our growth. Approach new challenges with a growth mindset. Make appropriate tradeoffs between flexibility and scalability with appropriate business judgment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years of sales/business operations or revenue operations experience in a high-growth SaaS/PaaS environment
- 5+ years Salesforce systems experience including complimentary ecosystem applications
- Highly experienced across the full customer revenue journey (marketing automation, lead routing in an ABM/ABS environment, opportunity development, CPQ, billing, customer success)
- Customer focus mentality with an emphasis on long-term revenue and best-in-class prospect and customer experiences.
- Thrives in a matrixed environment with a strong focus on creating buy-in across multiple revenue functions. Successful track record of being a partner to marketing, sales, finance, and customer success leadership, with the ability to prioritize and balance driving key business objectives with requirements across multiple stakeholders.
- Up-to-speed on modern and innovative revenue operations practices.
- Demonstrated results in building strong, effective teams at a high-growth startup.
- Highly quantitative with excellent analytical thinking skills. Ability to solve ambiguous problems with data.
- Strong verbal and written communicator with outstanding project management skills and impeccable business judgment.
- MBA is preferred but not required.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Arizona, Georgia, North Carolina and Florida.
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.