Skilljar is looking for an Enterprise Solutions Engineer who will report to the Director of Solutions Engineering, and participate in technical co-selling with the Skilljar sales team. We are a fast paced startup at Skilljar. Being forward thinking, flexible, and open to change is a must! In this role, you will discover and design technical solutions and deliver product demonstrations throughout Skilljar’s customer buying cycle. Among other teams, you will partner closely with Sales, Implementation, and Product, to be the technical link between our Sales Representatives and their prospects.
Please note: Location is flexible for this position.
- Conduct discovery calls with prospective clients to understand their business objectives, current environment, and technical requirements. A consultative approach in these discussions will be important for success.
- Deliver product presentations and tailored demonstrations to prove Skilljar’s ability to deliver value as it relates to our customer’s extended enterprise training programs. Incorporate client's specific value drivers into demonstrations and presentations.
- Design custom solutions, including proofs of concept, to specific enterprise-level needs that are outside the standard scope of Skilljar’s native platform capabilities.
- Lead the creation of responses to customer RFIs and RFPs, including creating and formatting the content, ensuring the quality and timely delivery of the responses.
- Assist customers in navigating through the Skilljar trial instance or proof of concept to ensure validation of their specific requirements. This includes set up and branding of the environment, hosting and leading a kickoff, check-in, and closure call, and providing email support throughout.
- Support the scoping and definition for statements of work for customer-specific customizations. Work with Engineering and Services and Support to ensure technical and functional accuracy when defining custom work. Set appropriate expectations with the customer in regard to timing and scope.
- 3+ years of professional experience as an Enterprise/Strategic level Solutions Engineer, or equivalent experience within enterprise SaaS buying environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of technical field experience in the architecture, design and implementation of highly distributed applications.
- Excellent presentation skills including an ability to communicate at both a technical and a business level, developing trust and confidence with several individuals within a customer organization.
- Experience scoping, managing, and executing customer pilots and Proof of Concepts.
- Ability and desire to be a coach and mentor to those around you.
- Experience responding to RFIs, RFPs, and InfoSec inquiries.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Arizona, Georgia, North Carolina and Florida.
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.