Skilljar is helping millions of people around the world gain job-relevant skills in a constantly evolving economy. We’re delivering business outcomes for our customers, innovating in an exciting new category, and driving impact to narrow the global skills gap!
We are seeking an Outbound Sales Development Representative to join our sales team, where they will have a direct impact on building sales pipeline to help power our excellent growth! We’re looking for a highly-collaborative, motivated, self-starter who is comfortable working cross-functionally, owning prospect outreach, and helping with the continuous improvement of processes.
As a part of our team, you will power the development and success of our Customer Education software in an exciting and emerging market. Plus have opportunities to build creatively, learn new skills, and stretch yourself at a scaling company.
We’re looking for people who:
- Want to pursue a career in Sales coupled with a strong will to achieve. Call it what you want: grit, competitive spirit, hustle...the bottom line is this role is for anyone that wants to compete and win. What will motivate you when the going gets tough?
- Have positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, and strong writing skills.
- Possess excellent organization skills, a keen attention to detail, a love of customers, and creative problem solving skills.
- Enjoy working in a collaboratively competitive environment. Make others around you better while achieving your own goals!
- Have insatiable curiosity and are committed to lifelong learning (growth mindset) and continuous development (i.e. be better today than you were yesterday).
- Are coachable–don’t just do what we say, but rather be self-aware and reflective, and digest feedback critically and adapt to overcome challenges.
Would you like to be responsible for:
- Creating a great first impression for customer prospects by providing them with a world-class experience.
- Researching and identifying future customer companies and contacts to find great candidates to prospect into.
- Engaging with potential customers via phone, email, LinkedIn, and chat to understand their business needs and identify the ways that Skilljar can help.
- Maintaining high engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications crafted to increase customer curiosity about Skilljar.
- Scheduling qualified meetings and develop pipeline to fuel Skilljar’s revenue.
- Collaborating closely with Account Executives and marketing to achieve mutually aligned sales quotas each month.
- Helping the team continuously improve and optimize our process, training, use of technology, and other applicable aspects of our business.
A bit more about you:
- Past success in an SDR role is strongly preferred, especially if you have previous outbound experience.
- Startup experience is a major plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent years of proven experience required.
Don’t meet every requirement? At Skilljar, we are committed to building a team that embraces a variety of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Even if your previous experience doesn’t perfectly match with the job qualifications listed, we encourage you to apply.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of forward-thinking, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and passion for education. Founded in Seattle, Skilljar is now a fully distributed company that exclusively hires in Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Illinois, Texas, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, New York, Missouri, and Virginia.