Skilljar is seeking a Compensation Manager. You are a total rewards expert who desires to make an impact by owning the strategy and roadmap for Skillet rewards. We are seeking innovative business partners to support our virtual team and ensure our Skillets thrive while achieving strategic objectives, in an ever-evolving climate. You will deliver an outstanding Total Rewards program to our employees, help our employees understand the value of their total compensation, so they can deliver what is important - their work and impact to our mission.
You will bring innovative and strategic vision to continue the evolution of our compensation, benefits, and recognition programs. You will partner with the Head of People and leadership across the business to get results.
- Build an effective total rewards program developed to address internal opportunities that support our Skillets and align to business objectives.
- Demonstrate solid project and program management with an ability to market and train our Skillets in delivering transparent compensation practices.
- Manage our annual market analysis, merit cycle, promotion process, and benefits including annual renewal and open enrollment.
- Manage salary survey selection and compensation vendor relationships.
- Conduct annual review of our Skilljar benefits, ensure competitive plan design and evaluate our programs to support growth and scale.
- Collaborate with leaders to develop and improve programs and to facilitate employee success, including a positive team experience in line with achieving key strategic objectives and results.
- Participate in the advancement of Skilljar's DEIB initiatives through mentor and influencing leaders on encouraging an inclusive environment and working to ensure equitable HR systems and processes, including fair pair and internal pay equity analysis.
- Partner with Director of People on other related programs
- 3+ years progressive compensation experience, benefits and recognition experience a plus.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in an HR role, Technology and startup experience is strongly preferred.
- In-depth benefits and compensation administration experience desired, experience with SaaS compensation plans preferred.
- Ability to work effectively both independently, collaboratively, and cross-functionally with internal and external partners.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Skillet Social events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Zillow, Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of forward-thinking, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, and New York
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.