Skilljar is seeking a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our fast-growing team. This person will be responsible for designing, implementing, and continuously improving large components of Skilljar’s cloud infrastructure. Secure, stable, and efficient infrastructure empowers our entire engineering team to ensure customer success. This person will play a key role in shaping our infrastructure as we scale.
We’re looking for someone with a successful track record in the DevOps / Infrastructure space along with strong, empathetic communication skills. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- Design, implement, and continuously improve Skilljar’s foundational cloud infrastructure and related processes.
- Author design documents for infrastructure changes and developer-facing documentation.
- Provide infrastructure code reviews and feedback on technical designs.
- Collaborate with engineering, leadership, and cross-functional team members to meet business goals.
- Mentor and provide feedback to team members and other engineers.
- Automate manual tasks and reduce technical debt.
- Keep up to date on best practices, new technologies, and relevant industry news.
- At least 5 years of experience working in one of the following (or similar) capacities: DevOps Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer (SRE).
- Coding and scripting proficiency with experience in Python, Ruby, Bash, or similar languages.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience working in a collaborative environment.
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) including commonly-used compute, database, network, and security services.
- Experience configuring and supporting DevOps systems including CI/CD (Jenkins, Drone, CircleCI, or similar), Logging (ELK: Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), and Observability tooling (New Relic, Datadog, or similar).
- Extensive experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC): Terraform, Ansible, Chef, or similar configuration management tools.
- Successful history of applying standard methodologies within software engineering including incident response and postmortem / correction of error (CoE) processes.
- Familiarity with Linux system and account administration.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, Arizona, and Florida.