We're looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to help shape the technical direction of our fast-growing team. Our mission is to enable Skilljar’s engineering teams to develop, test, deploy, run, and monitor their applications and infrastructure. We are also strong advocates for best practices that help our company build secure, reliable, and efficient software.
- Own the technical roadmap for one or more focus areas.
- Mentor and coach your fellow engineers to contribute to their growth.
- Build, support, and continuously improve infrastructure that meets business needs and increases developer productivity.
- Collaborate with others to better understand challenges, propose ideas, and implement solutions.
- Automate repetitive tasks, add documentation, and improve existing processes.
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), or similar role.
- Hands-on experience building web application infrastructure on AWS using Terraform or other Infrastructure-as-Code tools.
- Experience configuring CI/CD and source control tools like GitHub, Jenkins, Drone, and CircleCI.
- Familiarity with observability and monitoring systems like ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), New Relic, and Datadog.
- Track record of automating repetitive tasks with Python, bash, or other languages.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, Arizona, and Florida.