Skilljar is seeking a Director of Product, Platform to join our fast-growing company to lead a team of product managers and partner with the VP of Product. We are building search, recommendation, and analytics products to present the most relevant content to learners to help them drive outcomes in their jobs, and to enable content creators to create engaging instructive content.
Founded in Seattle WA, Skilljar is now operating remotely with employees (affectionately called Skillets) based across the United States. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing Series B company with Fortune 1000 and mid-market customers! Our customers have educated 4M+ users and conducted 100M+ online lessons in self-paced and virtual live sessions. They have realized 30%+ increase in product adoption within 30 days of training, 150%+ higher ARR on trained accounts, 30%+ improved internal team productivity, and 30%+ reduction in “how-to” support tickets.
We believe that education is the key to unlocking technology’s benefits for everyone. Our journey started when our co-founders - Sandi and Jason - saw that companies were developing products with great potential, but users were struggling to put these products to work. Product education was the missing link and legacy tools were frustrating users.
We’ve built the leading customer education platform in the world. Asana, Cisco, Intercom, LinkedIn, Slack, Liberty Mutual, Qualtrics, Tableau, U-Haul, Verizon, Zenefits, and more use Skilljar to accelerate product adoption and increase user retention at scale. We are backed by top-tier investors, including Insight Partners, Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners. Our customers rave about us because we are passionate about helping them transform their users into product specialists and evangelists.
- Develop and execute a vision, strategy, and roadmap for products based on analytics and ML/AI that drive customer education outcomes, while considering customer and market feedback, competitive analysis, and business goals.
- Execute on the roadmap with product/feature definition, success metrics, experimentation plans, high quality releases, go-to-market plans, post-launch continuous improvement, and operational excellence in partnership with company leadership and across functions.
- Innovate in a collaborative environment with a focus on rapid time to market with quality products and be on top of the latest developments in new technologies that are relevant for Skilljar products.
- Scout, recruit, onboard, and mentor the best talent in AI/ML, data platform, and data integrations.
- 8+ years of product leadership or similar experience, including people management.
- Track record of building and launching successful products/platforms with data and AI/ML at the core and in explaining benefits to customers.
- Strong sense of product design and user experience with the ability to manage business goals, product goals, and technical goals.
- Working knowledge of or willingness to learn public cloud infrastructure such as Google, AWS, Azure; deep learning, machine learning, and statistics; and agile methodology.
- Bachelor's degree required. A BS or higher degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or other technical field is strongly preferred but not required. A top-tier MBA is helpful.
- Skilled at producing product management artifacts such as opportunity briefs, prioritized roadmaps, product specs, user stories, wireframes, and customer-facing docs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with internal and external audiences at various levels and functions.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
- This role can be remote anywhere in the US, preferably in AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, MO, NC, NY, OR, TX, UT, and WA.
We are curious, dedicated Skillets with entrepreneurial drive and a passion for education. Our values are Customer Focus, Learn and Adapt, Ownership, Get Stuff Done, Healthy Dialogue, and Team Mindset. Learn more at https://www.skilljar.com/about/
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.