Skilljar is seeking a Product Designer to join our fast-growing team. This individual has a focus on user-centered design principles, an eye for iterative design, and a passion for education.
Founded in Seattle WA, Skilljar is now operating remote with employees (affectionately called Skillets) based across the United States. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing Series B company with Fortune 1000 and mid-market customers! Our customers have educated 4M+ users and conducted 100M+ online lessons in self-paced and virtual live sessions.
We believe that education is the key to unlocking product innovations' benefits for individuals, organizations, and society. Our journey started when our cofounders - Sandi and Jason - saw that companies were developing products with great potential, but users were struggling to put these products to work. Product education was the missing link and legacy tools were frustrating users.
We’ve built the best customer education platform in the world. Asana, Cisco, Intercom, LinkedIn, Slack, Liberty Mutual, Qualtrics, Tableau, U-Haul, Verizon, Zenefits, and hundreds of companies across industries use Skilljar to accelerate product adoption and increase user retention at scale. We are backed by top-tier investors, including Insight Partners, Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners. Our customers rave about us because we are passionate about helping them transform their users into product specialists and evangelists.
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary teams to understand customer needs and come up with creative solutions.
- Create wireframes, mockups, and prototypes and present them to team members to get agreement on design direction.
- Collaborate with other designers to refine design work.
- Perform exploratory interviews and usability studies with customers.
- Use metrics and qualitative data to define success criteria and inform design decisions.
- Document detailed interaction and UI specifications for engineering to build.
- 3+ years of Product or UX/UI design experience, preferably working with product and engineering teams.
- Experience throughout the design process from initial concepts to pixel-perfect mockups and specifications.
- Proficiency in design software tools like Sketch, the Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, or similar.
- Excellent skills in verbal & written communication and presentations to internal and external audiences.
- Experience with one or more of the following is a plus: information architecture, user research, prototyping, agile methodologies, or mobile-first design.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
- This role can be remote anywhere in the United States, preferably in AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, MO, NC, NY, OR, TX, UT, and WA.
We are a team of curious, dedicated Skillets with entrepreneurial drive and a passion for education. Our values are Customer Focus, Learn and Adapt, Ownership, Get Stuff Done, Healthy Dialogue, and Team Mindset. Learn more at https://www.skilljar.com/about/
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Zillow, Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, and Colorado.