Skilljar is seeking a Senior Revenue Accountant to join our fast-growing team. The ideal candidate will be an analytical problem solver that uses data to inform the business. They will support our high-growth trajectory and will work closely with our Controller to help Skilljar achieve our goals.
This role will support all aspects of Order-to-Cash and revenue recognition processes. This individual will work cross-functionally with other team leads to ensure that we have a scalable process in place to manage Skilljar’s accounting in a GAAP-compliant way while the organization continues to rapidly grow.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats, thrives in a dynamic environment, and is passionate about building processes and automation. Strong candidates will be forward-thinking and highly-collaborative. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- Manage order to cash cycle, ensuring adherence to Company revenue policies and GAAP
- Review customer contracts for completeness and accuracy and coordinate deal reviews cross-functionally
- Provide guidance on complex deal structures, unusual billing arrangements, and extended payment terms to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with Company policy and ASC 606
- Create revenue arrangements and recognition schedules in NetSuite
- Research and document accounting policy on revenue treatment, including updating annual purchase price allocation and other ASC 606 analysis
- Lead monthly close of all revenue-related accounts, including unbilled receivables and deferred revenue
- Providing detailed reporting and analysis, including the preparation of revenue-related support schedules for annually audited financial statements
- Assist with preparing revenue forecast and ad hoc accounting and financial projects as requested
- Challenge the status quo, lead process improvement to streamline revenue and AR processes and shorten the close and billing timelines.
- Assist in streamlining and improving ARR, billing, collections and sales tax processes
- Identify areas for automation to improve the speed and efficiency of revenue accounting and order-to-cash process
- Minimum of 4+ years of progressive experience in accounting
- SaaS/Software revenue recognition experience required
- Bachelor’s degree with accounting emphasis required and CPA required, Public Accounting experience preferred
- Working knowledge of GAAP, specifically ASC 606, accounting theory, current accounting issues, and accounting systems
- Contract review and negotiation experience preferred
- Proficient with Salesforce, NetSuite, Avalara and CPQ tools a plus
- Maintains a high level of time-sensitive work prioritization, accuracy, organizational, and communication skills.
- Self-directed work style; thrives at being resourceful and embodies a strong work ethic
- Comfortable in a virtual environment
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, Arizona, and Florida.