Skilljar is seeking a Documentation Specialist to join our fast-growing team. This individual will join our growing CS team to develop, audit and maintain high quality content for employees and customers!
We’re looking for a motivated self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You must be forward-thinking, highly collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This individual will work closely with key stakeholders across the company to maintain consistency of content and will play a meaningful role in the development of a successful and effective knowledge base and will have a direct impact on employees day to day.
As part of a small team, you’ll have an outstanding opportunity to work across skill sets and have an impact on our employees and customers. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster!
- Research, outline, write and edit internal and external help content, working closely with various departments to understand documentation needs and requirements
- Develop a deep understanding of the Skilljar product to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Inform the knowledge management strategy for Skilljar and maintain high quality, up-to-date & searchable content
- Use data to evaluate business impact, monitor usage, and understand the efficiency of the knowledge base content
- Act as primary admin of Skilljar’s knowledge management tools
- 2+ years of experience in a similar product support or documentation writer position crafting documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences (customers, employees, etc)
- Demonstrated experience using multiple documentation tools (Zendesk Knowledge Base, Confluence, etc)
- Experience managing and structuring knowledge across a company
- Proven track record to prioritize and lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Highly self-directed, organized, and able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, Arizona, and Florida.