Skilljar is seeking a Business Development Representative to join our fast-growing team focused on the B2B technology space. You will work closely with Account Executives, the Sales leadership, and the Marketing team in scaling a sales development process that's delivering data-driven results. This is an exciting opportunity to join a small and rapidly growing team, where you will have direct input into go-to-market strategy and how we improve the product.
Outstanding performers will have the opportunity to grow into other roles in the company including the Account Executive role to jump-start their career in SaaS sales. This is a fantastic opportunity for driven, strategic, and high-judgment individuals to get in early at a rapidly accelerating startup that is already serving hundreds of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients!
- Create a great first impression for prospects and customers by providing them with a world-class experience.
- Engage with potential customers via phone, email, chat, and LinkedIn to understand their business needs and identify opportunities where Skilljar can help.
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications designed to increase customer interest in Skilljar.
- Schedule qualified meetings and develop new business opportunities to fuel Skilljar’s growth.
- Partner with Account Executives and marketing to achieve mutually aligned sales quotas each month.
- Help the team continuously improve and optimize our process, training, use of technology, and other applicable aspects of our business.
- Experience in an SDR role is strongly preferred. Experience in an outbound BDR role is a big plus.
- A desire to pursue a career in Sales coupled with a strong will to achieve. Call it what you want: grit, competitive spirit, hustle...the bottom line is this role is challenging. Why are you going to work harder when the going gets tough?
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, customer focus, and highly data-driven are musts.
- Enjoy working in a collaboratively competitive environment. Make others around you better while achieving your own goals!
- Innately and insatiably curious. Be committed to lifelong learning and continuous development (i.e. be better today than you were yesterday).
- Coachability -- don’t just do what we say, but rather be self-aware and reflective, and digest feedback critically and adapt to overcome challenges.
- Startup experience is a major plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent years of proven experience required.
- US work authorization and criminal background checks are required.
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, Arizona, and Florida.
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.