Skilljar is looking for a talented Solutions Engineer who will report to the VP of Sales and participate in technical co-selling with the Skilljar sales team. You will discover and design technical solutions and deliver product demonstrations throughout Skilljar’s customer lifecycle. You will partner with Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Product, to be the technical bridge between our Sales Representatives and their prospects.
- Deliver product presentations and configured demonstrations to prove Skilljar’s ability to deliver value as it relates to our customer’s Extended Enterprise training programs. Incorporate customer’s specific value drivers into demonstrations and presentations.
- Design custom solutions to specific enterprise-level needs that are outside the standard scope of Skilljar’s native platform capabilities.
- Lead the creation of responses to customer RFIs and RFPs, including creating and formatting the content, ensuring the quality of the response, and ensuring delivery of the response.
- Assist customers in navigating through the Skilljar trial instance or proof of concept to ensure validation of their specific requirements. This includes set up and branding of the environment, hosting and managing a kickoff, check-in, and closure call, and providing email support throughout.
- Support the scoping and definition for statements of work for customer-specific customizations. Work with Engineering and Services and Support to ensure technical and functional accuracy when defining custom work. Set appropriate expectations with the customer in regard to timing and scope.
- At least 4+ years of professional experience as a Solutions/Sales Engineer or Technical Sales/Solutions Consultant within enterprise SaaS buying environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of technical field experience in the architecture, design and implementation of highly distributed applications.
- Excellent presentation skills including an ability to communicate at both a technical and a business level, developing trust and confidence with several individuals within a customer organization.
- Experience scoping, managing, and executing customer pilots and Proof of Concepts.
- Experience responding to RFIs, RFPs, and InfoSec inquiries.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Zillow, Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, and Arizona.