Skilljar is seeking a Head of Talent Acquisition to lead our recruiting strategy in support of our company’s rapid growth. This role will report to the Director of People and is a critical role to help ensure Skilljar is able to attract and hire the right people (Skillets) to continue scaling our product, service, and organization year over year.
In partnership with the Skilljar leadership and the Talent Acquisition team, you will be responsible for optimizing the talent acquisition structure and processes utilizing Skilljar’s talent philosophy. In addition, you will help build a unique employer brand and lead a Recruiting team to deliver outstanding candidate experiences while hiring best-in-class talent.
Our talent philosophy:
- Recruiting is vital to Skilljar’s success and is everyone’s job.
- We succeed by creating the best candidate experience possible.
- The cost of a mis-hire far exceeds the cost of an empty seat.
- Past performance and project assessments are the best indicators of future success.
- Skilljar fit is a combination of functional skills and alignment with our core values.
- Talent acquisition is a data-driven discipline.
- We all have unconscious biases that should be factored into our interview process.
- Full Lifecycle Recruiting Leadership: Drive Skilljar’s talent acquisition strategy and recruiting procedures to address both short-term and long-term talent needs. Develop and execute best-in-class practices for end-to-end candidate experience - inclusive of sourcing, screening, interviewing, and hiring - with an emphasis on outbound sales recruiting.
- Business Partner: Establish strong business partnerships with leadership to understand the business needs and support our team in all components of defining hiring needs both current and future.
- Data-Driven Operations: Develop a robust analytics strategy with a focus on reporting metrics to leadership and translating data insights into short and long- term talent strategies.
- Employer Brand: In partnership with HR and marketing, continue to develop our long and short- term brand, focus on grass roots and creative innovation to deliver results, awards, and brand recognition in a dynamic talent market.
- Resource Planning: Regularly assess, develop, and implement recruiting programs and technologies, including both traditional and innovative approaches. Monitor and actively manage the budget and recruiting investments.
- Recruiting Process: Work with Recruiters to continually enhance diverse and inclusive hiring processes. Continually improve our ability to attract and properly vet the right candidates. Assist recruiters and hiring managers in making final selection decisions. Train hiring managers and interviewers on Skilljar’s interview process and industry best practices.
- People Management: Coach, mentor, and expand our talented recruiting team to meet our aggressive hiring goals.
- 10+ years of talent acquisition experience in a fast-paced environment.
- 4+ years of people management experience leading a team of full cycle recruiters, recruiting coordinators, and sourcers.
- High-growth startup experience is required, with an emphasis on developing and executing outbound recruiting programs. Enterprise SaaS experience is a huge plus.
- Ability to develop recruiting programs for both local and remote hiring, utilizing a mix of innovative sourcing techniques and tools that attract high-quality, passive candidates.
- Ability to create an experience that delights candidates and can negotiate/close deals in a highly competitive talent market.
- Ability to manage external agencies to supplement our in-house team, including executive search firms and contractors.
- Exceptional collaboration, relationship, and consultative skills with success in fostering long term relationships and partnerships with internal teams as well as external partners and candidates.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen with the ability to utilize data and metrics to drive decision-making.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with high attention to detail.
- Hands on experience in leveraging applicant tracking systems, Greenhouse preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent years of relevant experience required.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Zillow, Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, and Colorado.