Skilljar is seeking a versatile Software Development Engineer in Test to join our fast-growing team. This person will be responsible for the technical design, development, and deployment of our test automation framework in support of our development pipeline.
We’re looking for someone with a successful track record building, configuring, and deploying test automation frameworks/tools in an agile development environment. In addition, you will be joining a small and rapidly growing team, where you will have direct input into best practices for implementing and incorporating test automation into a development cycle and deployment pipeline.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven, strategic, and high-judgment SDET to get in at the ground floor of a rapidly accelerating startup that has already delighted dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients.
- Develops, maintains, and executes automated test scripts.
- Advances and improves automation framework design features and implements automated test suites and test cases within that framework.
- Recommends quality improvements to automation requirements, design, build, and execution, and then assists in the development and implementation of enhancements.
- Able to participate in tool analysis, creating proof of concept models, and making recommendations to support the tool selection process.
- Establishes the criteria and participates in the evaluation of whether features and functions will be automated.
- Provides oversight to quality assurance analysts and engineers, developers, and testers on test automation and performance test activities, and then accurately monitors and communicates test execution results.
- Creates and manufactures test data needed for execution or database population.
- 4+ years experience creating test automation scripts, tools, and/or frameworks in support of a large scale MVC based web application.
- Knowledge and experience with unit testing, security testing, performance testing, and stress testing activities.
- Proven experience designing testing strategies for a new feature or project.
- Working experience with end-to-end testing frameworks (like Cypress) and load/performance testing frameworks (like Locust).
- Basic understanding of Infrastructure technologies including operating systems, networks, servers, and databases.
- Basic understanding of Cloud computing services including Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent years of relevant experience required.
- US work authorization and criminal background checks are required.
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Zillow, Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, and Colorado.