As a Senior Tools Engineer, you will help grow a world-class game tools and game technology team. Successful candidates will have designed and worked on moderate to large scale tool sets.
You will be working on cutting edge data management, automated content generation, and cutting edge game engines to make data driven content systems.
You will collaborate with the team to own projects from inception to deployment, from development to live, and are always looking to improve the productivity of the team. You effectively and quickly build trust and earn respect across technical, design, and art teams.
You are constantly looking to evolve, streamline, and automate wherever possible. You thrive in collaborative team environments.
- Write clear, fast, maintainable code
- Write and maintain technical design documentation and tutorials
- Collaborate with artists and designers to review, define, and create tools
- Debug, profile, and optimize code
- Participate in code reviews
- Continuously refine and evolve development standards
- Contribute to a collaborative work environment
- Actively participate in improving product quality and group productivity
DESIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Strong C/C++ and object-oriented programming skills
- Strong Python programming skills
- Working knowledge of databases like Postgresql, MySQL, or NoSQL technologies
- 5 years of programming experience
- Strong debugging and optimization skills
- Windows development experience (Visual Studio, Perforce)
- Ability to provide and accept constructive feedback
- Experience working with teams in different locations and time-zones
- A passion for interactive entertainment
BONUS SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Unreal Engine experience (UE 4.x preferred) desired
- Experience managing large Perforce repositories
- Experience working with large complex heterogenous data sets
- C# experience
Six Foot Staffing was conceived as a solution to a challenge that traditional staffing agencies don’t understand - the intricacies and staffing demands of the games industry. Our team is made of staffing veterans who are subject matter experts in the gaming space. We consider ourselves to be connectors of dreams and people, and that is not a responsibility that we take lightly.
Six Foot Staffing is committed to supporting workplaces where employees are empowered to fulfill their career goals and their contributions are celebrated and valued. We are looking to place people in a variety of roles in some of the most exciting studios in the world. These include opportunities not immediately associated with gaming and entertainment, such as administration, project management, and human resources.
Six Foot Staffing is a full-service staffing consultancy that connects entertainment companies with high quality candidates. We create strategic staffing solutions that recognize the importance of balancing culture and lifestyle fit in concert with talent and experience.