Our client in Houston, TX is looking for a SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) to join their team.
- Work with Development and QA to create test plans and test strategies for products
- Analyze designs and source code to determine needed test hooks
- Use and modify existing test harnesses and scripts to implement automated tests
- Perform manual testing as needed to augment automated testing
- Design additional test tools to optimize test coverage
- Analyze test coverage to create risk reports for strategic product review
- Investigate test failures and determine root-causes
- Write clear and concise bug reports, verify bug fixes
- Mentor junior test engineers
- Gather feedback for and implement continuous test improvement
- BS degree in computer science, math, or engineering with 3 years of relevant work experience (in lieu of degree, 5 years of relevant work experience)
- 2 years professional C++ and/or C# programming experience
- Shipped at least one AAA title in a programming or technical testing position
- Comfortable scripting automated tests in Python
- Expert on software test fundamentals and methodologies
- Understands how to create effective stress and performance tests and analyze the results
- Familiar with testing MySQL, MS-SQL, or Oracle databases
- Can use a debugger to analyze test failures and find root causes
- Deep understanding of testing during all parts of the software life cycle
- Experience testing on multiple platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Passion for games and software quality
- Advanced software testing certification
- Specialized testing knowledge, such as security or privacy testing
- Console testing experience
- Experience with Scrum
Six Foot Staffing was conceived as a solution to a challenge that traditional staffing agencies don’t understand - the intricacies and staffing demands of the games industry. Our team is made of staffing veterans who are subject matter experts in the gaming space. We consider ourselves to be connectors of dreams and people, and that is not a responsibility that we take lightly.
Six Foot Staffing is committed to supporting workplaces where employees are empowered to fulfill their career goals and their contributions are celebrated and valued. We are looking to place people in a variety of roles in some of the most exciting studios in the world. These include opportunities not immediately associated with gaming and entertainment, such as administration, project management, and human resources.
Six Foot Staffing is a full-service staffing consultancy that connects entertainment companies with high quality candidates. We create strategic staffing solutions that recognize the importance of balancing culture and lifestyle fit in concert with talent and experience.