Our client is looking for a talented hybrid UI / Interface Designer to create amazing user experiences in virtual reality.
You should have an understanding of clear communication through impactful design and the considerations for working in this exciting technology. You must be able to take a high-level brief and deliver intuitive and functional in line with the product art direction and tone.
Working as part of the design team, the UI / Interface Designer will work closely together with the UI Artist and is responsible for creating and implementing 3D UI content that’s both intuitive and functional. Applicant should have a practical understanding of visual communication, user comprehension and functional flow. Candidate is a great communicator and can lead constructive discussions with Art and Tech.
- Continually research advancements in VR UI and become our in-house expert.
- Collaborate with senior team members to define and implement innovative solutions.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to working software.
- Create wireframes, storyboards and user flows to effectively communicate interaction.
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders.
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Designing diagrams and flowcharts that demonstrate a strong understanding of usability.
- Implementing functional UX flow, in-engine.
- Create placeholder in-game UI elements like backgrounds, buttons, icons, graphics etc.
- Collaborate with the UI Artist designer and suggest changes & improvements where needed.
- Participate in UX and wireframe meetings & reviews.
- Consistently meet project deadlines in a timely manner without compromising usability.
- Work closely with UI/UX designer, UI programmer and producer.
- Be up to date on best practices and the latest GUI techniques in 2D, 3D and VR.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ Years game industry experience.
- Experience creating 3D content for various devices (phones, tablets, pc’s, consoles, VR, AR).
- Great affinity with the UI/UX field and virtual reality.
- Proven UI experience.
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows and process flows.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire framing tools.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
BONUS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Unreal and Blueprint.
- Experience in 2D and 3D content creation for UIs (Photoshop).
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development environment.
- Passionate about games with an ability to analyze competitive products for their strengths and weaknesses.
- VR development experience or published VR title.
- Experience with Unity or Unreal (moved this from desired skills since we have a separate header for bonus skills.
- Experience in 3D content creation software (Maya preferred – thinking this might be a desired skill instead of a bonus skill).
- Ability to go beyond functional design and produce beautiful game-ready assets.
- You are capable of communicating in a clear, open, convincing, and inspired manner.
- You are passionate about game design and you love to create new things.
- You are comfortable with working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- You have a very good knowledge of English, both spoken and written.
- You are highly communicative.
- You are not afraid of creative clashes.
- You think outside the box.
- You can adapt to different visual styles.
- You are a creative & methodical thinker.
- Working in a creative and quality driven environment with enthusiastic colleagues.
- A great spot to learn and share knowledge.
- Benefits according to experience and job.
- A healthy work-life balance.
- Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam.
Six Foot Staffing was conceived as a solution to a challenge that traditional staffing agencies don’t understand - the intricacies and staffing demands of the games industry. Our team is made of staffing veterans who are subject matter experts in the gaming space. We consider ourselves to be connectors of dreams and people, and that is not a responsibility that we take lightly.
Six Foot Staffing is committed to supporting workplaces where employees are empowered to fulfill their career goals and their contributions are celebrated and valued. We are looking to place people in a variety of roles in some of the most exciting studios in the world. These include opportunities not immediately associated with gaming and entertainment, such as administration, project management, and human resources.
Six Foot Staffing is a full-service staffing consultancy that connects entertainment companies with high quality candidates. We create strategic staffing solutions that recognize the importance of balancing culture and lifestyle fit in concert with talent and experience.