Our client is looking for a talented Senior Game Programmer who is passionate about creating groundbreaking, state of the art VR and AR games and entertainment. As a Senior Game Programmer you have experience with the design, implementation and continuing support of software sub systems.
You work closely together with the rest of the game team and should have a good and thorough understanding of the C++ programming language.
WHAT’S THIS JOB ALL ABOUT?
Game Programming VR Games!
WHICH SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- A minimum of 1 year of senior programming experience within the games industry.
- Strong C++ experience.
- Unreal 4 experience.
- Computer Science Degree.
- Experience with working with larger code bases.
- Strong fundamentals in object oriented programming, design patterns, algorithms and data structures.
- Focus on quality at all stages of development and operation.
- Commitment to writing clear, well-tested, maintainable and extendable code.
NICE TO HAVES
- Shipped 1 or more video game titles.
- Experience with complex game system development.
- Hobby projects that show your passion and experience in working on games and with C++.
HOW ABOUT YOU AS A PERSON?
- You are creative and technical at the same time.
- You have good communication skills and are thus able to work together with designers to setup and implement specific game features for a project.
- You are able to write quality code, that is maintainable and extendable and test and bug fix this code in order to fully finalize a game feature.
- Specific knowledge on consoles, mobile platforms or third party engines like Unreal and Unity are preferred.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- Working in a creative and quality driven environment with enthusiastic colleagues.
- A great spot to learn and share knowledge.
- Benefits according to experience and job.
- A healthy work-life balance.
- Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam.
Six Foot Staffing was conceived as a solution to a challenge that traditional staffing agencies don’t understand - the intricacies and staffing demands of the games industry. Our team is made of staffing veterans who are subject matter experts in the gaming space. We consider ourselves to be connectors of dreams and people, and that is not a responsibility that we take lightly.
Six Foot Staffing is committed to supporting workplaces where employees are empowered to fulfill their career goals and their contributions are celebrated and valued. We are looking to place people in a variety of roles in some of the most exciting studios in the world. These include opportunities not immediately associated with gaming and entertainment, such as administration, project management, and human resources.
Six Foot Staffing is a full-service staffing consultancy that connects entertainment companies with high quality candidates. We create strategic staffing solutions that recognize the importance of balancing culture and lifestyle fit in concert with talent and experience.