Our client is looking for a talented Lead Programmer who is passionate about creating groundbreaking, state of the art VR and AR games and entertainment.
The lead programmer manages the tech team and all aspects of a project’s technical design, including engine, middleware and game systems. He or she works closely with the technical director and other stakeholders to define a project’s technical approach.
- Define the technical design for the main elements of a project together with team members.
- Identify and help tackle the main risk areas for a project.
- Co-operate in setting up the main technical systems for a project together with the team.
- Mentor, inspire and motivate the team to meet project quality levels and deadlines.
- Co-operate in the overall planning of a project. Be proficient and proactive in organizing and planning.
- Closely work with the leads of the other disciplines (Art & Design) and with the producer of the project.
- Highly proficient in C++ and / or C#.
- 5+ years of game industry experience with at least 2 years in a technical lead position and shipped a couple of games.
- Bonus: You have a great working- and technical knowledge of Unreal 4.
- You are capable of communicating in a clear, open, convincing, and inspired manner.
- You are passionate about new technology.
- You have already worked on VR projects before or you have an intimate knowledge of what has been happening in the field so far.
- You are comfortable with working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- You have a very good knowledge of English, both spoken and written.
- Working in a creative and quality driven environment with enthusiastic colleagues.
- A great spot to learn and share knowledge.
- Benefits according to experience and job.
- A work-life balance.
- Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam.
Six Foot Staffing was conceived as a solution to a challenge that traditional staffing agencies don’t understand - the intricacies and staffing demands of the games industry. Our team is made of staffing veterans who are subject matter experts in the gaming space. We consider ourselves to be connectors of dreams and people, and that is not a responsibility that we take lightly.
Six Foot Staffing is committed to supporting workplaces where employees are empowered to fulfill their career goals and their contributions are celebrated and valued. We are looking to place people in a variety of roles in some of the most exciting studios in the world. These include opportunities not immediately associated with gaming and entertainment, such as administration, project management, and human resources.
Six Foot Staffing is a full-service staffing consultancy that connects entertainment companies with high quality candidates. We create strategic staffing solutions that recognize the importance of balancing culture and lifestyle fit in concert with talent and experience.