Our client is seeking to hire Sr.-to-Lead Level Platform Engineers to manage and optimize development for Playstation 4, Xbox One, or Nintendo Switch.
The ideal candidate will have led development for at least one console title, and have extensive knowledge on modern console systems. Additional, experience on several other shipped titles is required. Knowledge and expertise designing and implementing end-to-end game systems from concept to shipped product, including tooling, documentation, and support. They should possess strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to spec, develop, iterate and tune their game systems efficiently and effectively.
- Take full ownership of a single platform (XboxOne, PS4, or Switch) from debugging, performance optimizations, API integrations, and build / packaging processes.
- Facilitate support to other engineers when game systems interact with platform specific features.
- Work with artists and content creators to champion best practices regarding platform performance impact.
- Led development of at least 1 modern console title through shipping.
- Several shipped titles.
- Minimum 5 years of professional development experience.
- Excellent C++ programming skills.
- Robust knowledge of game systems and their implementation from scratch to shipped.
- Ability to write documentation and strong interpersonal skills.
- Debugging and optimization on modern console platforms.
- Unreal Engine 4 development experience strongly desired.
Six Foot Staffing was conceived as a solution to a challenge that traditional staffing agencies don’t understand the intricacies and staffing demands of the games industry. Games industry staffing veterans, who are SME’s in the gaming space, make up the team of Six Foot Select. The Six Foot Select team consider themselves connectors of dreams and people and that is not a responsibility that they take lightly.
Six Foot Staffing is committed to supporting workplaces where employees are empowered to fulfill their career goals and feel like their contributions are celebrated and valued. With opportunities in some of the most exciting studios in the world, we are looking to place people in a variety of roles, including opportunities not immediately associated with gaming and entertainment, such as administration, project management, and human resources.
Six Foot Staffing is a full-service staffing consultancy that connects entertainment companies with high quality candidates. We create strategic staffing solutions that recognize the importance of balancing culture and lifestyle fit in concert with talent and experience.