Our client is looking for a vastly talented Senior AI Programmer to work on some of the highest reputed titles in the industry.
• Develop software in C++ by applying the principles of object-oriented coding;
• Work with the Game Design and Animation teams to create the technical design and implement a system of AI allowing both to make non-player characters alive and offer a fun and varied gameplay;
• Propose and develop new methods and techniques to improve the quality of AI in agreement with the design of the game to outdo the competition;
• Analyze and estimate time, cost as well as the impact of the proposed functions;
• Ensure that the ambitions remain consistent with the deadline;
• Master the debugging tools and the techniques used;
• Innovate by offering new AI systems in collaboration with the Programming and Game Design teams;
• Work effectively with other member of the Programming team, as well as with members of the development team;
• Train and guide the junior programmers;
• Develop and implement systems, meeting deadlines set by superiors;
• Be a positive contributor for the achievement of the project and the team objectives.
Experience and qualifications
• University diploma in programming, computer engineering, software engineering or the equivalent;
• Minimum of 5 years in the industry as a AI programmer;
• Minimum of one game published as a AI programmer;
• Excellent knowledge of C++;
• Experience developing multi platforms, an asset;
• Ability to manage your time independently;
• Ability to work as part of a team;
• The desire to push the barriers of technology in video game industry is required;
• The maturity to give and receive constructive criticism is expected;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Motivation and interests
Ambition and passion for videogames are essential!
Six Foot Staffing was conceived as a solution to a challenge that traditional staffing agencies don’t understand the intricacies and staffing demands of the games industry. Games industry staffing veterans, who are SME’s in the gaming space, make up the team of Six Foot Select. The Six Foot Select team consider themselves connectors of dreams and people and that is not a responsibility that they take lightly.
Six Foot Staffing is committed to supporting workplaces where employees are empowered to fulfill their career goals and feel like their contributions are celebrated and valued. With opportunities in some of the most exciting studios in the world, we are looking to place people in a variety of roles, including opportunities not immediately associated with gaming and entertainment, such as administration, project management, and human resources.
Six Foot Staffing is a full-service staffing consultancy that connects entertainment companies with high quality candidates. We create strategic staffing solutions that recognize the importance of balancing culture and lifestyle fit in concert with talent and experience.