Our client is expanding rapidly and is currently looking for people to join them in working on some of the biggest IPs. If you have not done so, please take a look at this opportunity in The Netherlands! This client studio is looking for a Game Designer who will take part in a team transforming straight ports into perfect adaptations, bring concepts to life through prototypes and support our ambition to create our own IP. You will work with some of the industry’s most talented people in an ever-changing environment with great and varying projects.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience.
- Released several games and familiar with every step of the design process.
- Good understanding of game logic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Be proactive, self-motivated and keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Transform a straightforward port to perfect adaptations by adjusting a game’s design, mechanics and controls in subtle ways to maximize their potential on their new target hardware.
- Develop new game modes, missions, levels and other items to reinvigorate their appeal.
- Develop concepts through different stages of development for both our own IP or for clients.
- Execute the game vision for each of the projects you’re involved with while getting inspired by your colleagues to create the finest games.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in game design or relevant studies.
- Experience with console and cross-platform development.
- Experience in creating other media such as writing, art, sound, video OR programming/scripting.
- Passion for making great games.
Six Foot Staffing was conceived as a solution to a challenge that traditional staffing agencies don’t understand the intricacies and staffing demands of the games industry. Games industry staffing veterans, who are SME’s in the gaming space, make up the team of Six Foot Select. The Six Foot Select team consider themselves connectors of dreams and people and that is not a responsibility that they take lightly.
Six Foot Staffing is committed to supporting workplaces where employees are empowered to fulfill their career goals and feel like their contributions are celebrated and valued. With opportunities in some of the most exciting studios in the world, we are looking to place people in a variety of roles, including opportunities not immediately associated with gaming and entertainment, such as administration, project management, and human resources.
Six Foot Staffing is a full-service staffing consultancy that connects entertainment companies with high quality candidates. We create strategic staffing solutions that recognize the importance of balancing culture and lifestyle fit in concert with talent and experience.