Our client is expanding rapidly and are currently looking for people to join them in working on some of the biggest IPs. If you have not done so, please take a look at this opportunity in The Netherlands! This client studio is looking for an Art Director who will guide and direct a small and growing art team, improve straightforward ports into perfect visual adaptations, define the art direction for concepts through various prototyping stages and be a key contributor in creating their own IP. You will work with some of the industry’s most talented people in an ever-changing environment with great and varying projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant studies.
- At least 5 years of professional experience, with at least one released title credited as Art Director.
- Released several games and familiar with every step of the art production process.
- Ability to flesh out an original artistic vision based on game concept briefs.
- Ability to define and maintain a coherent art direction for games.
- Ability to define and improve processes and methodology for effective art production.
- Familiar with relevant tools and technology.
- Expert in at least one art specialty like concept art, modelling, animation, video editing, video post-processing, etc.
- Excellent communicator with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
- Proactive, self-motivated and with a positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Demonstrable ability to lead an art team to deliver high quality output.
- Ability to mentor junior, mid-level and senior artists in various art disciplines.
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Transform straightforward ports to perfect adaptations by improving the visual quality in ways that maximize their potential on the new target hardware.
- Adapt and improve the art direction for new visual content, graphic assets, UI elements and other art assets to reinvigorate their appeal on the new target hardware.
- Develop comprehensive guidelines for art direction of new concepts through different stages of development for both our own IP and our clients’.
- Maintain a clear art direction for each of the projects involved and lead a small team of artists to deliver the highest quality art content for games.
- Passion for making great games.
- Experience with console and cross-platform development.
- Demonstrable management and leadership skills.
- Proven experience in creating support art and media such as concept art, drawings, painting, video or film production/post-production.
Six Foot Staffing was conceived as a solution to a challenge that traditional staffing agencies don’t understand - the intricacies and staffing demands of the games industry. Our team is made of staffing veterans who are subject matter experts in the gaming space. We consider ourselves to be connectors of dreams and people, and that is not a responsibility that we take lightly.
Six Foot Staffing is committed to supporting workplaces where employees are empowered to fulfill their career goals and their contributions are celebrated and valued. We are looking to place people in a variety of roles in some of the most exciting studios in the world. These include opportunities not immediately associated with gaming and entertainment, such as administration, project management, and human resources.
Six Foot Staffing is a full-service staffing consultancy that connects entertainment companies with high quality candidates. We create strategic staffing solutions that recognize the importance of balancing culture and lifestyle fit in concert with talent and experience.