Our client is seeking a qualified Backend Services Engineer (Mid-Level or Senior) to help create and maintain backend services. The successful candidate will have knowledge of and experience in the design, implementation and continuing support of horizontally scalable online services in an asynchronous environment. The backend consists of microservices written in Go and integration libraries written in C++.
- Architect and implement new backend services to meet design goals
- Enhance and maintain existing backend services
- Contribute to internal tools for assisting development and for maintaining services
- Identify and resolve scaling and security issues
- Work closely with other members of the team
- Integrate services into game client and servers
- 3+ years of experience writing highly scalable web services or distributed systems (Go, Python, Node.js, Erlang or similar language)
- Experience with design and implementation of REST-style API
- Experience with working in Linux and Windows environments
- Strong coding, algorithm design, debugging skills
- Demonstrate a desire to continually learn and hone skills
- Must be able to self-manage while taking responsibility of tasks and time
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 1+ year(s) of production Golang experience
- Experience reading, writing, and reviewing modern C++ code
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud solutions
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases and data modeling (MongoDB, Redis, MySQL)
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Messaging Systems (RabbitMQ)
- Experience working with source control (git, Perforce)
Six Foot Staffing was conceived as a solution to a challenge that traditional staffing agencies don’t understand - the intricacies and staffing demands of the games industry. Our team is made of staffing veterans who are subject matter experts in the gaming space. We consider ourselves to be connectors of dreams and people, and that is not a responsibility that we take lightly.
Six Foot Staffing is committed to supporting workplaces where employees are empowered to fulfill their career goals and their contributions are celebrated and valued. We are looking to place people in a variety of roles in some of the most exciting studios in the world. These include opportunities not immediately associated with gaming and entertainment, such as administration, project management, and human resources.
Six Foot Staffing is a full-service staffing consultancy that connects entertainment companies with high quality candidates. We create strategic staffing solutions that recognize the importance of balancing culture and lifestyle fit in concert with talent and experience.