Our client is seeking a qualified Server Engineer to help create and improve systems for an unannounced title. Come join our experienced team of developers who have a legacy of creating AAA games. This is a terrific opportunity to work with some of the best people in the games industry.
The successful candidate will have expert knowledge of and experience in the design, implementation and continuing support of large scale client/server applications using primarily C++.
- Works with other engineers to architect and refine game systems (client-server networking optimization, integration with backend services, data authority management, game persistence, etc.).
- Works with designers, artists and other personnel involved in the development of products as required.
- Test and refine code and systems throughout the development cycle of the project.
- Writes clear, maintainable, portable code.
- Accurately estimates his/her schedules and delivers high quality work products to that schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent C++ knowledge.
- 5+ years professional software development experience writing client-server and/or peer-to-peer game applications.
- Experience with multithreaded programming.
- Expertise with network programming and optimization.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability.
- A passion for gaming and a working knowledge of products.
- Experience with testing frameworks.
- Experience optimizing code for memory and CPU utilization.
Six Foot Staffing was conceived as a solution to a challenge that traditional staffing agencies don’t understand - the intricacies and staffing demands of the games industry. Our team is made of staffing veterans who are subject matter experts in the gaming space. We consider ourselves to be connectors of dreams and people, and that is not a responsibility that we take lightly.
Six Foot Staffing is committed to supporting workplaces where employees are empowered to fulfill their career goals and their contributions are celebrated and valued. We are looking to place people in a variety of roles in some of the most exciting studios in the world. These include opportunities not immediately associated with gaming and entertainment, such as administration, project management, and human resources.
Six Foot Staffing is a full-service staffing consultancy that connects entertainment companies with high quality candidates. We create strategic staffing solutions that recognize the importance of balancing culture and lifestyle fit in concert with talent and experience.