The Generalist Engineer will work closely with engineers and designers to develop innovative software solutions for our client's upcoming projects.
- Closely collaborating with artists and designers, helping to influence the technical direction of projects by implementing systems, monitoring performance, and creating tools.
- Accurately estimating time and effort required for assigned technical tasks.
- Keeping co-workers informed about progress of deliverables as well as prerequisites for feature implementation.
- Demonstrating care and commitment to quality, bug free software development.
- Minimum of 2 years of game industry experience working as a software engineer with at least 1 shipped title.
- Strong knowledge of 3D math and game physics.
- Able to understand and modify systems, while being mindful of interactions with other systems.
- TRC/XR experience a plus.
- Network programming experience a plus.
- Proficient in C/C++.
- Experience with scripting languages and component based game engines.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 a plus.
- Able to adhere to the prevalent coding style and practices, including source control standards.
- Able to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Able to work well under pressure of deadlines.
- Able to work within a highly dynamic startup environment where team members typically have multiple responsibilities.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong time management and process documentation skills.
- Candidates must have a US work permit or citizenship.
Six Foot Staffing was conceived as a solution to a challenge that traditional staffing agencies don’t understand - the intricacies and staffing demands of the games industry. Our team is made of staffing veterans who are subject matter experts in the gaming space. We consider ourselves to be connectors of dreams and people, and that is not a responsibility that we take lightly.
Six Foot Staffing is committed to supporting workplaces where employees are empowered to fulfill their career goals and their contributions are celebrated and valued. We are looking to place people in a variety of roles in some of the most exciting studios in the world. These include opportunities not immediately associated with gaming and entertainment, such as administration, project management, and human resources.
Six Foot Staffing is a full-service staffing consultancy that connects entertainment companies with high quality candidates. We create strategic staffing solutions that recognize the importance of balancing culture and lifestyle fit in concert with talent and experience.