Our client is looking for a high quality Python developer with extensive experience building scalable web applications to join its platform team. This is a highly technical position requiring a deep understanding of both Python and Django as well as PL/pgSQL and RDBMS technology. The ideal candidate will have relevant work experience and a career path of proven success working within a successful web team. CS degrees are not expected or required; we much prefer git repos and work experience in the field.
The candidate will be responsible for monitoring and supporting a great number of technical services. Experience in networking, web servers, server architecture (Linux/Ubuntu), bash scripting and automation, deployment workflows and automation are a must for this role.
The candidate will also be responsible for monitoring and maintenance of a relational database system. Candidate is not expected to be the DBA for this system although skill in administering database systems, particularly PostgreSQL, are of paramount importance. Ability to write queries on the fly or fix abstract problems are very important.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Working quickly in a high stress environment to patch or update issues with an online, live service;
- Coaching, mentoring and developing junior developers;
- Deep understanding of interconnecting Python systems;
- Ability to problem solve on the fly;
- Live monitoring and maintenance of PostgreSQL system;
- Live monitoring and maintenance of several running Python/Django applications;
- Live monitoring and maintenance of attendant services that comprise a robust online gaming platform;
- Providing documentation for errors/bugs so they can be address by the core team;
Requirements for this position:
- 7 + years development experience
- 4+ years working with Python and Django
- Expected strong knowledge of Python 3.3+ and the latest Django software
- Ability and desire to coach and work with junior developers
- Competency with RDBMS systems
- Strong knowledge of PL/pgSQL
- Strong knowledge of the Django ORM
- Strong knowledge of Python data structures and data flows
- Strong knowledge of the Linux command line and best practices as a Linux server administrator
- Some asynchronous programming experience - not necessarily in Python
- Python 3.5 Asyncio skills
- Test - driven development
- Postgres DBA certification or experience
- Networking architecture certification or skillset
- Secretly an advanced form of AI we can reverse engineer
Six Foot Staffing was conceived as a solution to a challenge that traditional staffing agencies don’t understand - the intricacies and staffing demands of the games industry. Our team is made of staffing veterans who are subject matter experts in the gaming space. We consider ourselves to be connectors of dreams and people, and that is not a responsibility that we take lightly.
Six Foot Staffing is committed to supporting workplaces where employees are empowered to fulfill their career goals and their contributions are celebrated and valued. We are looking to place people in a variety of roles in some of the most exciting studios in the world. These include opportunities not immediately associated with gaming and entertainment, such as administration, project management, and human resources.
Six Foot Staffing is a full-service staffing consultancy that connects entertainment companies with high quality candidates. We create strategic staffing solutions that recognize the importance of balancing culture and lifestyle fit in concert with talent and experience.