Our client is seeking a Lead Animator. You will work closely with the Art Director and will lead a team of animators. Day to day responsibilities include oversight of the animation production pipeline, interface with outsources, establishing and maintaining a high-quality bar for animations, both for gameplay and in-engine cinematics. The candidate is expected to create and deliver animation content at a senior level.
Gamer, passionate about your craft and ready to inspire your coworkers by bringing fresh ideas and creativity to the table. You are a skilled animator with a deep knowledge of animation principles and body mechanics. You have a broad experience when it comes to animating character models in a realistic game. You can pretty much hand key frame animations and facial/lip synch animations with your eyes closed. You are a mentor at heart and welcome every opportunity to train less experienced members of your team. Teamwork is key here and you must enjoy working in a team fostered environment.
- Create high-quality animation based on motion capture performances and keyframe animation to meet visual expectations.
- Unreal Engine 4 experience including use of animation blueprints, state machines, and matinee.
- Experience creating realistic animation for human and non-human characters with an emphasis on acting performance.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of character rigs, game animation pipelines, animation integration into game engines, and animation tools.
- Experience with motion capture data and the mocap pipeline.
- Must have shipped at least one game in a senior or lead animation position.
- 5 years game animation experience or related entertainment industry experience.
- Experience with facial animation and a strong understanding of character emotion and performance.
- Preferably experienced with outsourcing assets and providing feedback.
- Must be proficient in one or more types of 3D software but Primarily Maya.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Takes initiative in pursuing new assignments.
- Ability to give and take direction well.
- Strong technical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn new tools quickly.
- Strong interest in Video Games, storytelling, and movies.
- Brings a cinematic eye to convey emotion, weight, and momentum in gameplay and cinematics.
- Appreciates all styles of animation and the desire to pitch in and learn new styles and skills.
- Enjoys collaborating with design and art teams to deliver great gameplay and storytelling experiences.
- Drives technical innovation.
- Experience in developing first-person action games.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND PLUSES
- Mesh Skinning Vertex weighting experience a plus.
- A degree with an emphasis on animation desired.
- Facial Rigging and Animation Pipeline.
- Understanding of MEL/Python.
- Understanding of cinematography.
- Knowledgeable about game industry trends and animation techniques.
Required Application Materials:
- Demo Reel
- Must be willing to complete an animation test if requested to do so
Six Foot Staffing was conceived as a solution to a challenge that traditional staffing agencies don’t understand - the intricacies and staffing demands of the games industry. Our team is made of staffing veterans who are subject matter experts in the gaming space. We consider ourselves to be connectors of dreams and people, and that is not a responsibility that we take lightly.
Six Foot Staffing is committed to supporting workplaces where employees are empowered to fulfill their career goals and their contributions are celebrated and valued. We are looking to place people in a variety of roles in some of the most exciting studios in the world. These include opportunities not immediately associated with gaming and entertainment, such as administration, project management, and human resources.
Six Foot Staffing is a full-service staffing consultancy that connects entertainment companies with high quality candidates. We create strategic staffing solutions that recognize the importance of balancing culture and lifestyle fit in concert with talent and experience.