SIRUM is reimagining US healthcare, enabling everyone to access affordable medication
SIRUM drives the future of healthcare by connecting people with surplus medications. Our goal is to leverage the ~$10B of surplus that goes to waste every year to improve health equity for families who need it most. Everyone deserves the medications they need to stay healthy. We deliver on this promise by ensuring medicine prices that are low, stable, & transparent and that families’ health comes before profit.
Founded at Stanford University and a Y Combinator Alumni, we’re a fast-growing, non-profit, for-impact startup at the intersection of health tech + social enterprise. Our platform supplies $750,000 worth of medications to people in need every week, sourced from hundreds of medicine donors across dozens of states. Join us in building a national solution to the drug pricing epidemic that has been featured on The TED Mainstage, The New York Times, and Forbes.
Fellowship & Associate Program
SIRUM Fellow & Associate roles are highly selective, unique 1-2 year opportunities for ambitious recent graduates and professionals wanting to turn their strategy, analysis, and project management skills into a profound experience that positively impacts patients nationwide.
Working directly with SIRUM’s co-founders, Fellows and Associates are key players in our fast-growing social enterprise. You’ll own specific projects that help us execute the ambitious plan we launched at TED2020 to get nearly $1B of medicine to 1M low-income patients over the next five years as a part of The Audacious Project.
After their 1-2 years, Fellows and Associates might stay on with SIRUM, or go on to attend top graduate programs and other professional pursuits. Our Alums have gone on to top medical schools, business schools, and more.
Associate Product Manager (Metro Atlanta, GA)
This is an intense startup role with no typical day. Our future teammate will focus their impact on:
Leading special projects with high impact. As a tech company focused at the intersection of health + social good, SIRUM has a growing tech stack including first-of-its-kind technology to automate medicine donation processing for our community partners. You will be a trusted project manager on key initiatives: defining scope, researching vendors, developing project timelines, coordinating across teams, and driving projects to completion.
Championing SIRUM’s users. Our users range from donors who donate medicine, to community clinics and pharmacies who use SIRUM’s technology to manage their inventory and even communicate with patients. You will become an expert in our users’ experiences, producing insights and making recommendations for improvement across our algorithms and tech stack.
Supporting our engineering team. SIRUM’s engineering team is at the core of our work as a tech company. You’ll work directly with a SIRUM co-founder/CTO to keep the growing team organized, maintaining sprint velocity, and ultimately improving the most important user outcomes.
Our future teammate will be:
- Passionate about our mission to get every pill to a person in need, our belief that we can use technology to correct this market inefficiency, and our eagerness to build a national solution. No prior experience in healthcare needed!
- A great project manager. You excel at organizing yourself and others, defining project goals and outlining milestones. Then, you do it. You execute fairly independently and deliver final products on-time.
- A problem solver. You enjoy digging into the complexity of problems. You understand the need to “go down the rabbit hole” to learn why something isn’t working so you can find a solution, not just put a bandaid on it.
- A data lover. You share our love for digging into data to understand impact and generate insights and opportunities for improvement. You have experience using Excel/GSheets to clean and analyze complex data.
- A self-starter with 0-2 years experience in project/product management. Ideally, you have some experience or interest in start-ups, like a fast-paced environment, and enjoy the changes of an organization always striving to improve.
This position will be located in SIRUM's offices in Metro Atlanta (Lawrenceville, GA). Associates may travel up to 5 days per quarter for training, team bonding, meetings with partners or in-person work in other locations.
Candidates without the following will NOT be considered:
- COVID-19 Vaccination is required
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Great benefits. 100% premium paid medical, dental and vision, a 401K, plus 6 weeks paid time off.
- Huge social impact. You will see and feel the tangible impact of your work on a daily basis.
- Inside understanding into a high growth startup nonprofit. As a pivotal teammate on a small team, you will work directly with the founders, see the various aspects of how we operate, and be connected to the wider social impact sector.
- Awesome team. We’re a collaborative, passionate and driven team with a growth mindset that is up for adventures from virtual escape rooms, to urban putt-putt, to rafting to trampoline bouncing to paddle-boarding.