SIRUM is reimagining US healthcare, enabling everyone to access affordable medication
SIRUM drives the future of healthcare by connecting people with surplus medications. Our goal is to leverage the ~$10B of surplus that goes to waste every year to improve health equity for families who need it most. Everyone deserves the medications they need to stay healthy. We deliver on this promise by ensuring medicine prices that are low, stable, & transparent and that families’ health comes before profit.
Founded at Stanford University and a Y Combinator Alumni, we’re a fast-growing, non-profit, for-impact startup at the intersection of health tech + social enterprise. Our platform supplies $250,000 worth of medications to people in need every week, sourced from hundreds of medicine donors across dozens of states. Join us in building a national solution to the drug pricing epidemic that has been featured on The TODAY Show, The TED Mainstage, The New York Times, and Forbes.
Customer Success Specialist | Lawrenceville, GA | Palo Alto, CA | Remote
We are the nation’s largest medicine redistributor. To continue our ambitious growth rate each year, this will be an intense startup role with no typical day. Best of all, you will see a direct and immediate impact of your work on the health and wellbeing of tens of thousands of patients.
This role is part of the Medicine Donor Team, which is focused on growing the amount of medicine donated through SIRUM by recruiting new medicine donors and supporting existing donors. You will be one of the first hires dedicated to customer success on the Medicine Donor Team making sure that the nursing homes and pharmacies that use our medicine donation service love their experience and you’ll help us shape this growing team.
As one of the first hires dedicated to customer success on the Medicine Donor Team, this customer-facing role will be a direct contact for all of our medicine donors. We’re looking for a problem solver who loves completing tasks on a daily basis, who has excellent written and verbal communication skills and has experience navigating multiple tech platforms.
Our future teammate will:
- Maintain good standing relationships with our existing donors by conducting follow up calls to ensure they have everything they need to make future donations.
- Be responsible for delivering onboarding and training to our amazing community of nurses, pharmacists, and administrators that donate medicine.
- Create and update accounts on an internal platform and Salesforce.
- Complete 100% of assigned daily tasks.
- Use problem solving skills to resolve any donation or supply request issues that may arise.
- Provide exceptional customer service by handling donor inquiries, requests and any time sensitive issues that may arise, whether by faxes (yes, healthcare still uses faxes!), text, email or phone.
What we are looking for:
- Passionate about SIRUM’s mission to improve healthcare access.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, growth-oriented start-up environment.
- Strong oral and written communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Loves completing tasks and mastering similar work on a daily basis.
- Enjoys being on the phone and communicating with customers.
- Ability to navigate multiple tech and customer-related systems and platforms.
- Always willing to put the customer first and be open to receiving customer feedback.
- Previous experience in the healthcare field is a plus!
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary. $45K - 50K salary range based on experience.
- Great benefits. 100% premium paid medical, dental and vision, a 401K with 4% match, plus 6 weeks paid time off.
- Huge social impact. You will see and feel the tangible impact of your work on a daily basis and make a real difference in decreasing needless destruction of life-saving medications.
- Inside understanding into a high growth startup nonprofit. As a pivotal teammate on a small team, you will work directly with the founders, see the various aspects of how we operate, and be connected to the wider social impact sector.
- Awesome team. We’re a collaborative, passionate and driven team. In non-COVID times, social adventures like urban putt-putt, rafting, and paddle-boarding.