Who we are:
At Singular, we’ve built the only unified marketing analytics platform that delivers attribution, cost aggregation, creative reporting and workflow automation all in a single application. Our innovative platform enables us to give marketers access to unparalleled data granularity. We are growing quickly and are excited to solve the next frontier in unifying mobile marketing! We’re searching for the next member of our Engineering team out of our San Francisco office.
The company is founded by the executive team from Onavo, a mobile analytics company acquired by Facebook in 2013 for $120mm. Since the company’s inception in 2014, Singular has tracked and analyzed over $7 billion in mobile ad spend and is working with the largest advertisers in mobile including, Lyft, Yelp, Postmates, Supercell, Disney, Zynga, Facebook, Twitter, and Match just to name a few.
We are searching for a Platform Engineer who will work on highly distributed microservice based backends that collect, enrich, analyze and process billions of events in real time. You will build the backend systems that power our application, auto scale, and continuously improve our engineering practices. This role is all about building petabyte-scale, business-critical, distributed software. This position reports to the VP of Engineering and is based in downtown San Francisco.
What you’ll do:
- Build elastic, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our platform growth.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and customer success to solve interesting and challenging problems.
- Feel ownership in everything that you ship.
What you’ll need:
- Several years of software development experience in designing and building highly scalable, distributed, high volume systems.
- Extensive knowledge of Golang or Python and at least one other software languages (compiled software languages C/C++,Scala, Erlang)
- Strong experience in working with data and multiple datastores both SQL / No-SQL data stores.
- Experience in building distributed scalable and fault tolerant systems using CEP, MQs, micro services.
- Deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Experience in continuously shipping and testing through deployment pipelines using CI/CD tools
- Knowledge of the latest technology trends and frameworks especially in data systems, optimization, best practices, security.
- Experience with AWS is desirable but not necessary
- Experience working with virtualization systems (like Docker, Vagrant etc.) is a plus
- Experience working with orchestration tools (like Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm etc.) and container registries (GCE, Docker hub etc.) is a plus
- Self driven and passion for making an impact
- Experience in SAAS like environments – building and deploying changes reliably with no customer downtime
As a proud equal opportunity employer, we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We don't just accept difference - we celebrate you being who you are for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community.